Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell camera not storing video on USB library.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bd1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Doorbell camera stopped recording video. Remainder two cameras do capture and store video in the library when tripped.

The doorbell will alert and capture one frame, which can be initially be viewed. However no imagery is moved into the library. Camera allows live viewing, just not storage.

Base station: VMB4500r2

Doorbell camera: 1.2

I have removed and reinstalled the doorbell camera with no change in storage. Storage USB has 1.5GB of space left. Not a storage space issue as both of the other cameras continue to get stored daily.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bd1
Aspirant
Aspirant

James:

Thank you for the quick response. Let me review.

I use two Pro 2 cameras and one Doorbell camera. All installed mid August.

Until mid November both Pro 2 cameras and the Doorbell camera properly recorded onto the local USB plugged into the back of the base station without a problem. The doorbell camera video stopped being captured to the USB mid-November. Now only the Pro 2 cameras video is captured onto on the USB. I can view the stored  Pro 2 videos from both the iPhone app and on my PCs. It is only the Doorbell camera video that is not making it onto the USB.

Is there some reason the Doorbell camera video is not being stored on the USB while the other two cameras' video is stored and viewable on both the app and on my PC? Or, do I need a subscription just to store and view the Doorbell camera video? I understood that using a USB on the base station would permit me to record all cameras' video. And, it did until mid-November.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bd1,

Do you have a subscription to Arlo Smart for the doorbell? If not, no content will be saved in the library on the mobile app. You can access locally stored content on your USB drive by ejecting the drive and viewing the files on the computer. Are the recordings saved to the USB when viewing the drive on a PC?

JamesC

bd1
Aspirant
Aspirant

James:

Thank you for the quick response. Let me review.

I use two Pro 2 cameras and one Doorbell camera. All installed mid August.

Until mid November both Pro 2 cameras and the Doorbell camera properly recorded onto the local USB plugged into the back of the base station without a problem. The doorbell camera video stopped being captured to the USB mid-November. Now only the Pro 2 cameras video is captured onto on the USB. I can view the stored  Pro 2 videos from both the iPhone app and on my PCs. It is only the Doorbell camera video that is not making it onto the USB.

Is there some reason the Doorbell camera video is not being stored on the USB while the other two cameras' video is stored and viewable on both the app and on my PC? Or, do I need a subscription just to store and view the Doorbell camera video? I understood that using a USB on the base station would permit me to record all cameras' video. And, it did until mid-November.

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pro 2 cameras can store content to the library without needing a subscription. Arlo Video Doorbell cannot.

The only way to view locally stored content on your usb drive when using a vmb4500 base station is by ejecting the usb drive and viewing the content from a computer. The Arlo Pro 2 content you are seeing from the mobile app is stored in the cloud library.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation