Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Cardude
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset the door bell twice as it didn’t get found during the setup . Tried iOS , android device .

I get chime with QR code but setup doesn’t find it .

My 2.4 GHz wifi works . Any suggestions 

14 REPLIES 14
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have a dual-band router with only one network name, can you disable the 5 ghz wifi during onboarding?

Cardude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah I did disable 5Ghz on my router that still didn’t solved the issue .

Not sure what else I can try .

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cardude wrote:

Yeah I did disable 5Ghz on my router that still didn’t solved the issue .

Not sure what else I can try .

Check to see if the doorbell is listed in the attached devices list in your router (after you hear the chime).

If it isn't, then check that the router wifi security is set to WPA2 (AES)

Also, if you have special characters/punctuation in the network name and password, then try removing them.

What router are you using?  (manufacturer and model).

Cardude
Aspirant
Aspirant

just checked doorbell is listed in my router network and getting IP address . I have no idea why app doesn’t see it .

Wifi setting is WP2 . Router is Linksys EA 9500 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cardude wrote:

just checked doorbell is listed in my router network and getting IP address .

Good.

One thing you might try is disabling mobile data on the phone.  If you have a VPN running, disable it also.

Cardude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope . Same result . Disable cellular data, Bluetooth. 
Door bell not found . Not sure what else I can try .

May be something is wrong with this doorbell .

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

forumdiver567
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey Cardude, I have a Linksys WRT32X running OpenWRT. I had similar issues where I would get a "?" for the IP of the doorbell and the Chime 2.

After troubleshooting for hours, I found a setting in OpenWRT called "WMM Mode."

I checked the box to turn it on, saved and applied the settings, then tried to connect my doorbell to the network. After this change, the doorbell's IP address popped up on my router. I still could not get it to connect using the app. I went back to WMM settings, unchecked the box, then saved and applied the settings. I tried to pair the doorbell again and my android app found it quickly. Same goes for my Chime 2. I hope this helps!

Here is a link to my original post on this topic:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell-Wire-Free/Solution-Found-Wire-Free-Doorbell-AVD200...

Cardude
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don’t have WRT on my linksys . Is that needed.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cardude wrote:

I don’t have WRT on my linksys . Is that needed.

No, the stock linksys firmware should be fine.

Also, WMM is enabled by default on all routers that support 802.11n or later.  So it is likely also enabled on your router.  My Orbi router (802.11ax) doesn't have a setting for it.  If yours does have a setting, it would be listed under Quality of Service (QoS).  

forumdiver567
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cardude, I agree with StephenB. You don't have to install OpenWRT onto your router, especially if you have the setting on your stock router. It's just what worked for me. For whatever reason, toggling it on, off, and on allowed my router to both identify my doorbell/chime 2 and allow them to connect via the app.

Cardude
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am going to chat again with tech support . Turning on/off didn't do the trick . Got the same message door bell not found.

forumdiver567
Aspirant
Aspirant

I should have worded that differently from saying just to toggle it on and off. If tech support does not work, here is what I did step by step after turning off the VPN on my phone and router, having my phone in airplane mode but connected to WiFi on 2.4GHz, and turning off the 5GHz band on my router:

In router settings:

1. WMM Mode - toggle it to the opposite setting to which it is currently set

2. Save and apply settings on the router

3. Attempt to set up doorbell with the app

4. If it connects, then good deal and afterwards you could toggle it back to see if the doorbell stays connected for QoS purposes.

If not, continue below:

5. WMM Mode - set it back to what it originally was

6. Save and apply settings on the router

7. Attempt to set up doorbell

If this does not work and tech support finds the solution, would you mind posting it?

Cardude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tech support told me door bell is defective.

Not sure how . I am going to look for another one or different brand .

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation