Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Solution Found! Wire-Free Doorbell (AVD2001Aer1.4) Chime 2 (AC2001Aer1.2)-Arlo App Cannot Find Them

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
forumdiver567
Aspirant
Aspirant

Greetings to anyone having issues installing their Wire-free Doorbell and/or Chime 2,

I finally found my solution after spending hours of troubleshooting.

Below is the setting I turned ON in the options of my Linksys WRT 32X (running OpenWRT) router to allow an almost instant connection to both devices:

To find this setting in OpenWRT: Network -> Wireless -> click "Edit" for Radio1 (2.4Ghz) -> You should be on "General Setup" now -> check the box for the following:

Allow legacy 802.11b rates  [ ] (<--check this box)

"Legacy or badly behaving devices may require legacy 802.11b rates to interoperate. Airtime efficiency may be significantly reduced where these are used. It is recommended to not allow 802.11b rates where possible."

***Note*** - I had the following settings for my computer and phone when I completed this process:
Computer:
--Airplane mode - ON, but I turned WiFi on after this to connect wirelessly to my router to change the settings; possibly consider using an ethernet cable if you think your wireless is interfering with the Doorbell or Chime 2

Phone: Android
--Airplane mode - ON, but then WiFi turned ON afterwards to connect to 2.4Ghz network (no cellular network/bluetooth/NFC/etc is connected - only WiFi)
--VPN - OFF (this did work for me specifically when I used split-tunneling on my VPN app, so turning off the whole VPN should do this same)

I hope this helps others out there having issues. I am thankful to all of the other forum posters who helped me narrow down the exact issue for me.

Cheers!

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation