Arlo Doorbell Model AVD2001B-100NAS not recording to Smarthub model VMB5000

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Stoneyec2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just install 2 Arlo doorbells and have sync them with my SmartHub (VMB5000). I have a 256GB microSD card installed and formatted. It shows ready to record in the app with 0 bits used and 238GB available. The doorbells seem to recognize motion as the LEDs react as they state in the setup manual for motion detected. You can also view live stream through our local WiFi to the app. The problem is that they are not recording to the local SmartHub (VMB5000). If anyone has a workaround it would be most appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the doorbells in a subscription plan (possibly trial)?

Stoneyec2
Aspirant
Aspirant

If that is what is causing the issue, then Arlo has a problem with there app as these were installed to the local hub and not to a plan. It would be nice if they would give more support to setting up a local hub and what settings need to be set in the app for both the cameras/doorbells, and the hub, to make sure everything is configured correctly.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stoneyec2 wrote:

If that is what is causing the issue, then Arlo has a problem with there app as these were installed to the local hub and not to a plan.

I was gathering information, not meaning to suggest a cause. 

If the doorbells are in a subscription plan (trial or paid), then you could try to make a manual recording, and see if that shows up in the cloud.  Also, if you are seeing cloud recordings but not local recordings, that would point to the microSD card or a smarthub issue related to local storage.

Do you have other cameras connected to the smarthub?  If so, are local recordings working for them?

Stoneyec2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for you suggestions I think I may have found the issue as I was able to get them to record. What I looked into was the Mode setting, which are not written very intuitively or for exact fuctionality. I had the setting to ARM HOME after reading the article on MODEs I switched it to ARM AWAY. By doing this the system recorded to may SmartHub. Thank you again for your help it is most appreciated. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation