Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
-Hammer-
Tutor
Tutor

I've been having lots of issues getting my Video Doorbell chimes to play a melody on motion detection and cannot get it to work properly. My Video Doorbell will chime on motion detection only when the melody is set to 'Modern 4' no other melody works!

Changing the melody chime for doorbell button press works fine. Is this a bug?

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@-Hammer- wrote:

I've been having lots of issues getting my Video Doorbell chimes to play a melody on motion detection and cannot get it to work properly. My Video Doorbell will chime on motion detection only when the melody is set to 'Modern 4' no other melody works!

Changing the melody chime for doorbell button press works fine. Is this a bug?

Just want to clarify this - I think you must be using the Arlo Chime with your Video Doorbell.  And that it is the Arlo Chime that is only chiming when that melody is set.  Is that correct?

-Hammer-
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry if I wasn't clear, let me clarify:

• I'm currently using an Arlo Video Doorbell and an Arlo Chime (NOT the chime conversion kit that came with the Video Doorbell)
  • When the doorbell button is pressed, the Arlo Chime will play the selected melody. No issues with that function.
  • When my Arlo Video Doorbell detects motion, I've set the 'mode' profile to record footage AND play a melody on my Arlo Chime to alert my partner and myself, when someone is approaching our front door. The problem is when motion is detected, the Arlo Chime will not play any of the melody's EXCEPT for melody 'Modern 4'. I cannot use any other melody.

Hopefully this clears an confusion

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@-Hammer- wrote:

Hopefully this clears an confusion

It does, thx. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation