Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Chime 2 won't pair to doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Alixe
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just got the Arlo Chime 2, because of a known yet unresolved bug with Arlo doorbell (not being able to turn on and off the traditional chime from the app).

I connected the chime 2 to the wifi, everything seemed right, i can access it from the app.. but when i click on the settings of the chime, it says "paired devices" and "add a new device" , i click there expecting to see my doorbell (which is already connected to the app as well and works just fine except for the bug) , but nothing appears. When i click continue, i go back to the page of the chime without anything being paired to it. Any idea?

Thanks !!
Screenshot_20220420-082125.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you use the doorbell settings to pair to the chime?

Alixe
Aspirant
Aspirant
There is no such setting (to pair a chime) when i click on the doorbell on the app - see screenshot
Screenshot_20220421-081526.jpg
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Alixe wrote:
There is no such setting (to pair a chime) when i click on the doorbell on the app - see screenshot

Did you try scrolling down?  You should see "paired devices" at the very bottom, with the option to add a chime.

Alixe
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not on my Android app. The screenshot in my previous reply is all my screen, you can't scroll down further.

The "pair device" section only appears through the chime. Could it be because i bought the video doorbell via Verisure?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation