Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot setup package detection

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Babychef
Tutor
Tutor
In the package detection setup, my video doorbell is in the list of inactive cameras. I cannot slide it up to the active cameras; nothing happens when I try to drag the hamburger icon (3 lines). I have no other Arlo devices. Any suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Babychef
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks! I did call phone support. It turns out the problem had to do with the Android app. We could not get it to work with the app. However, as soon as I logged into my.arlo.com on my laptop, I was easily able to drag the doorbell into my active cameras for package detection.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Rhys69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Open the Arlo app and go to Settings > Package Detection. On the Manage Package Detection screen, choose which cameras you want to activate for package detection.

Babychef
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, that is exactly what doesn't work. Clicking on the doorbell, or trying to drag it to the active doorbells, does nothing.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Babychef wrote:
Yes, that is exactly what doesn't work. Clicking on the doorbell, or trying to drag it to the active doorbells, does nothing.

Do you have a subscription (paid or trial)?

Babychef
Tutor
Tutor
Trial
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Babychef wrote:
Trial

I just checked, and it is working for me. I tried using the app (iOS) and also my.arlo.com (Edge browser)

Since you have a trial subscription, you can try support - go into the support area of the app, and select the doorbell.  You should see a phone option.

Babychef
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks! I did call phone support. It turns out the problem had to do with the Android app. We could not get it to work with the app. However, as soon as I logged into my.arlo.com on my laptop, I was easily able to drag the doorbell into my active cameras for package detection.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation