Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rl-90502
Aspirant
Aspirant
It was working before and nothing had changed in my wifi network. Suddenly my Arlo system wasn’t working so I had to removed and reinstall everything except my Arlo Video doorbell. I tried connecting to my wifi for how many times but no luck. I tried the soft reset to the hub and factory reset to Arlo Video Doorbell but still no luck. Please advise.
9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you remove the doorbell from Settings, My Devices before trying to connect again?

Rl-90502
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You mention "soft resetting the hub" - do you have a hub or did you mean router? The wireless doorbells only connect to WiFi at the moment.

Rl-90502
Aspirant
Aspirant
I read someones post to soft reset the hub and factory reset the video doorbell. After doing this, I tried adding the video doorbell through the Arlo app but no success.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rl-90502,

When you say it wasn't working, what was the original symptoms you were experiencing? Could you provide more details?

At what point during setup now are you seeing issues? What error messages do you see and what LED behaviors are seen on the doorbell?

Note: AVD2001 doorbell model will not connect to a base station or SmartHub, it only connects directly do your home WiFi, do you have AVD1001 or AVD2001?

JamesC

Rl-90502
Aspirant
Aspirant
Before my Arlo stopped recording, I had all devices working properly. Suddenly two weekends ago, nothing was recording. So last weekend, I read a process about removing and installing the hub from the Arlo app and installing/syncing each devices.

Everything is working except the Video Doorbell. I have ADV1001.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ri-90502,

For recordings to be saved to the cloud, the doorbell needs an active Arlo Smart trial or Arlo Smart subscription plan, do you have one?

JamesC

Rl-90502
Aspirant
Aspirant
My trial had expired, then it should save locally for 7 days, right? But my issue is adding the device.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rl-90502,

Arlo Video Doorbell has no 7 day recording feature like previous legacy Arlo devices. You must have a subscription to for recordings to appear in the library.

At what point during setup now are you seeing issues? What error messages do you see and what LED behaviors are seen on the doorbell?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation