Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell Not Recording to Library

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Twl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was told by the Arlo Webstore Team that if I upgrade to a VMB 4000 base station that it would support capturing video into the Library.  I went and bought a VMB4000 and it turns out that I actually need a VMB4540 or VMB5000, according to Arlo Tech Support,  in order to capture and view videos in the Library.  I have a copy of the chat with Arlo Webstore Team where they confirm to me that a VMB4000 will work.  I am now stuck with a base station that Arlo recommended that actually does not do what I need it to do.  I need someone from Arlo Customer Satisfaction to contact me for resolution.  Tech Support said that they could not help me.

7 REPLIES 7
Twl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Forgot to state that I am trying to capture video to the Library from my video doorbell.  Sorry.

cschulman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the Video Doorbell for about 5 months now. As of last week, my recording from the doorbell have stopped saving to my library.

I am running and always have been running a VMB4000r3 base station.

Something has changed and they chose the easy way and saying buy a new one. It has to be a software issue on their end.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The VMB4000 does indeed support local recordings. However, unlike the 4540 and 5000 hubs, you have to safely eject the drive for viewing on a computer - the app can't access the videos. Can you return the 4000?

As for not recording, tell us more about the drive (size is important here - has to be 16GB or greater) and what you see when navigating the local storage settings. Have you reformatted the drive using the base? Have you tried a different drive?

Twl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi - I forgot to clarify in my initial post that the issue is ability to view recordings in the Library.  Having to remove the USB drive and use a computer to view is useless to me.  After Arlo people told me that a VMB4000 would work (I have this in writing) and it didn’t work,  they are saying oops, you need a VMB4540.  I can’t return it because I was forced to buy from a private party because even The Arlo website has ZERO base units of any model available.  Arlo needs to take care if their mistake on this.

At this point I am hesitant to trust them when they tell me a VMB4540 will work.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have a 4540 and I can view local recordings on the app with no issue. Others here also report this.

Twl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you!
Tineke_C
Star
Star

If it helps at all, I just got off the phone w/ customer service, as my video doorbell had stopped saving to my Smart subscription (unbeknownst to me , 2 months ago!).  Turns out my plan had been cancelled back in January, even though my phone App says I was subscribed.  I'm not sure why.  I think they have a glitch w/ their accounts / plans / payments -- this is the second time in the past few months this has happened.  Anyhow, when I resubscribed, it's all working.  That may be a temporary band-aid  in the overall suckiness of this stupid Arlo video doorbell.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation