Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wired Doorbell - recordings have a delayed start

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JRDimier
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess just a question. Whenever I get a visitor (with or without a package) it seems the video recording has quite a delayed start. When I review the video, the visitor is walking away. Is this normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JRDimier
Aspirant
Aspirant

Added 4 zones to exclude the autos passing on the street and changed the sensitivity to High. Works much better. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No. WHat is the sensitivity setting in your modes and rules? Is it possible that the visitor can approach from an angle that the camera can't see until too late? There is a delay (2-3 seconds) for the camera to start recording given the cloud-based nature of Arlo (detect motion, wake the camera, create a connection to the server and then start recording). 

A screenshot of the camera view may be useful.

JRDimier
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot_2022-11-11_082353.jpg

 Thanks for the reply. The sensitivity is set to Medium because the unit kept picking up cars driving by on the street.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A couple of things:

1) It appears the basic issue is the entryway and how the camera is positioned. Since the motion is mostly directly at the camera, the PIR sensor can't easily detect the motion which works best when it's side-to-side. Just the way PIR sensors work.

2) Setting a zone to eliminate the issue of cars on the street could allow you to increase the motion sensitivity.

JRDimier
Aspirant
Aspirant

Added 4 zones to exclude the autos passing on the street and changed the sensitivity to High. Works much better. Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation