Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell not responding

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DL_Condor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got a new (on sale in Sept) wired video doorbell to replace one that was getting flakey and often dropping off line for no reason. Installed the new one and after the usual frustration of going through all the useless pages I got to the page to find the doorbell and got it to connect. It immediately went to an infinite hold trying to update firmware. When I came back to it an hour later, the app said it was offline. After going through all the usual steps the only thing left was a factory reset. Once that was done, the LED ring blinked a couple times and then went blank. One suggestion was lack of power - and that was the case. The doorbell has apparently shorted the power transformer causing the transformer to fail. Has anyone seen this happen?

after getting a new transformer and installing it, the doorbell refuses to do anything in spite of having proper voltage on the power pins. Help!!

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DL_Condor,

Have you completed another factory reset on the doorbell after installing the new transformer? What LED behavior do you see?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

JamesC

DL_Condor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes - factory reset after replacing transformer did nothing - LED ring was dark.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If the LED ring is not lit at all, this would be an indication of hardware failure or the internal battery is depleted due to not receiving enough/any power.

I encourage you to investigate the issue further by reaching out to the Arlo support team using the mobile app under Settings > Support.

JamesC

DL_Condor
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

Thanks - have an active case with support. I also suspect a major hardware failure - otherwise hard to imagine how a firmware update would cause a "short" in the power side.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation