Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Still receiving motion notifications, but videos are not being recorded

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jjuhl
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the last 2 days, my video doorbell has been sending me motion notifications but not recording video. Previously, the notifications were labelled as either "Car" or "Person", but now it's just a generic "Motion." Others on this forum with a similar problem had their issues resolved by updating their subscription plan. I checked mine and it's still active and my doorbell camera is listed on that subscription, so that seems fine. There have been no changes to my network. Have tried restarting device and network, but problem still exists. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you restarted the doorbell? How is it connected - to WiFi or to a base/hub?

jjuhl
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is connected to my Wi-Fi network. I have restarted the doorbell and the network. I’m still getting notifications, so the network connection seems fine. It’s just not recording video or differentiating between “Vehicle” and “Person” notifications, just giving me a generic “Motion” notification. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"Not recording" may be Arlo Smart deleting the videos due to its decision that your settings don't want to see them. Try deactivating Smart on your doorbell to see if you get ALL videos.

WHen Smart is enabled, donate misidentified videos so the team can hopefully improve the detection.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jjuhl wrote:

my doorbell camera is listed on that subscription, so that seems fine. 

You might try removing the doorbell from the subscription plan, and then adding it back.   Maybe also disable and reenable smart notifications on the doorbell.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation