Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wired Doorbell - Doorbell stopped ringing (Mechanical or Chime) and no longer rings phone

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ryynoo
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo video doorbell (wired) that has worked fine for 1.5 years. About a week or so ago, it completely stopped working, including ringing the bell, and recording video. Yesterday I started trouble shooting and found that there is power to the camera/button so I assumed the issue was with the Arlo itself. I started to look at replacements, but then got distracted and about 3 hours later noticed that it was recording motion and video again. I decided to try the bell but it doesn't work still. I've tried changing from mechanical to digital to none and back again and have switched the unit that goes in the doorbell both from O to x and back again. Nothing is working.

I'm wondering if there is anything else to troubleshoot or if this is one of those cases where the Arlo software has gone whacky and this is why it isn't ringing/

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ryynoo wrote:

I decided to try the bell but it doesn't work still.

If you take down the doorbell, and touch the two wires together at the door, do you hear the chime ring?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation