Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mmitsch
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I am wanting to buy a Video Doorbell and like the black Video Doorbell Arlo offers (AVD1001B-100NAS I think).  Is this the latest model number?  

Our house has a wired conventional doorbell now and I was thinking the wired one would be a great solution.  If I get this will all of the features for the iPhone App still work?  Is it compatible with Aleixa?

And, where do I register this?  Will I need to get a monthly plan of some type?  If I buy a used one can I still use it on the cloud?  

I found this today online (the Arlo unit) and it actually seems better than the Nest or Ring offerings.  If anybody has any thoughts otherwise could you let me know?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mmitsch wrote:

I am wanting to buy a Video Doorbell and like the black Video Doorbell Arlo offers (AVD1001B-100NAS I think).  Is this the latest model number?  

Yes, that is the latest (only) wired doorbell model.  There is also the AVD2001B - called "WireFree".  It can still be connected to your existing wiring - it will ring the doorbell, and also trickle-charge the battery from the transformer. 

Unlike the AVD1001, it doesn't need a power kit installed at the chime. It also can run on 8-24 VAC (the AVD1001 requires 16-24 VAC). It is a bit thicker than the AVD1001, and the motion detection range is somewhat less.

So worth comparing the two models before you decide.  Also, make sure your current chime uses low voltage AC, and that the transformer is within the specs.

@mmitsch wrote:

And, where do I register this?  Will I need to get a monthly plan of some type?  If I buy a used one can I still use it on the cloud?  

You will need a subscription plan, and you'll need to install the Arlo app on your iPhone

@mmitsch wrote:

If I get this will all of the features for the iPhone App still work?  Is it compatible with Aleixa?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "all the features".  Can you be more specific?

More information on Alexa is here:

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation