Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video door Doorbell not recording people

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DreDay68
Aspirant
Aspirant

My video doorbell will record every car that passes my house ... but does not record people ringing my doorbell!!! I have tried playing with modes, activity zones, motion sensitivity etc ... nothing has worked ... frankly this makes the device useless! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, to eliminate the cars, use a zone that excludes the street. Then lower the motion sensitivity to ~30 and adjust as needed to get what you want. I use a setting of 25 with my zone and get very few false triggers while still getting folks walking up to the porch 20-25 feet away.

As for recordings, are you talking about those from people approaching the doorbell or the actual doorbell press itself? If the latter, are you missing videos in the library or video when answering the call on your phone?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, to eliminate the cars, use a zone that excludes the street. Then lower the motion sensitivity to ~30 and adjust as needed to get what you want. I use a setting of 25 with my zone and get very few false triggers while still getting folks walking up to the porch 20-25 feet away.

As for recordings, are you talking about those from people approaching the doorbell or the actual doorbell press itself? If the latter, are you missing videos in the library or video when answering the call on your phone?

DreDay68
Aspirant
Aspirant
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation