Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
AntB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Received my Video Doorbell today and install was pretty simple! Was loving everything about it, and then I discovered that my wife can not access the doorbell camera on her account. She can see all of our other cameras, I’m assuming because she’s connecting to the base station and the doorbell is not?

Hopefully I’m either missing something or a fix is coming soon. Silly that only one person in the house can receive the doorbell notifications. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AntB
Apprentice
Apprentice

After messing with the app all morning, I finally figured out how to get her access! Under settings > grant access you need to click edit in the right corner of their user profile and then an option is available to add the doorbell as part of their devices. Pretty simple solution, just too a little digging! 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
anewtoi
Apprentice
Apprentice
I wandered about that but haven’t had the chance to discuss with my wife. It does suck, but hopefully, at worst case, it’ll be fixed when they fix the other known notifications issue. Mine is not displaying red #of notifications on the app. Many in App Store reviews saying the same
AntB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah, it’s a brand new product, so I totally get that there will be some hiccups and bugs at first. Having a video doorbell though that only one household member can see/respond to is a dealbreaker. Hopefully this can be fixed, or at least acknowledged as an upcoming feature, before my 30 day return period is up! 

I’m very pleased with everything else, video quality is sharp, motion detection is great, delay is way less than my Arlo cams, and the call quality is better than I expected. 

TimPerry
Star
Star

Was chatting with my wife on the same issue this morning.. now we're considering the Alexa Echo as a shared solution for in-house.

anewtoi
Apprentice
Apprentice
My experience has been great with alexa devices and Arlo cams together. They display when commanded, and can notify of motion. Two very useful features are missing at least as far as today goes. I’ve even suggested here and Arlo said they’d take them into consideration. First, when there’s a trigger, I’d like echo show (or even fire tv) to auto display rather than being commanded. Second the ability to change modes from voice command.
AntB
Apprentice
Apprentice

After messing with the app all morning, I finally figured out how to get her access! Under settings > grant access you need to click edit in the right corner of their user profile and then an option is available to add the doorbell as part of their devices. Pretty simple solution, just too a little digging! 

anewtoi
Apprentice
Apprentice
I won’t be able to check myself until later but does this apply to only control/notifications of motion or also doorbell press. Would press of bell place a phone call to all who have access at the same time?
AntB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, it allows full functionality like on the main account. Motion alerts, phone calls for doorbell press, and video review. It also sent me a notification saying “so & so accepted the call from the front door”. 

Bmtespar
Initiate
Initiate
I just set up my video doorbell and My spouse’s phone does not get the call when the doorbell is pressed. I have added the doorbell to the account access so they can see the camera and access the library as well as get notifications but the video call does not go to their device. Any ideas?
Bmtespar
Initiate
Initiate
Never mind. It’s working for both devices now. I went on my spouse’s phone turned off the microphone and speaker access and turned it back on and then the video call started working on both devices.
GST
Aspirant
Aspirant
The solution must be for an Android phone. I don't see the same options on the spouse's iPhone. 😐 Anyone with iPhone found the share on the menu.
AntB
Apprentice
Apprentice
No, my wife and I are both on iPhones on iOS 13.
vmi9d3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I granted access to my spouse and sent her an invite, she created an account, downloaded the app but we can't find the device I am trying to share anywhere in the app.  The only option is to add a new device.

What am I missing, how does she choose our device that I shared access to?

AntB
Apprentice
Apprentice

On your app, did you go to settings and then “grant access”? After you get there, click edit in the right corner of their user profile that is showing and then you should see an option available to add the doorbell to their profile. All this is done from your account on your phone. That’s how I got it to work- hope this helps you out! 

vmi9d3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  I did all of that, and the app is showing that i have granted her access, although it is still pending since I can't figure out how to accept it on her side.  On the app in her account on her phone, the doorbell doesn't show up anywhere, the only option available is to add new device.  

vmi9d3
Aspirant
Aspirant

After deleting the invitation to share with wife twice, it finally showed up when I logged into her account.  I didn't have to accept an invitation or anything, it just showed up. 

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation