Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

adding video doorbell to free arlo arlo 2 account

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
richardbjr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently have an arlo 2 camera system with the free 7 day account.  I want to keep that as it suits my needs for those cameras.  I recently purchased a video doorbell and realize that needs a paid subscription, is there a way to have a paid service for the doorbell (i.e. 1 premier camera) and keep the 7 day free account for my arlo 2 cameras under the same login/account so I only go one place to see activity?  Thanks in advance for any insight.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@richardbjr wrote:

I currently have an arlo 2 camera system with the free 7 day account.  I want to keep that as it suits my needs for those cameras.  I recently purchased a video doorbell and realize that needs a paid subscription, is there a way to have a paid service for the doorbell (i.e. 1 premier camera) and keep the 7 day free account for my arlo 2 cameras under the same login/account so I only go one place to see activity?  

There's some conflicting information on whether you can add the doorbell subscription to a free account w/o losing the free cloud storage.  @JamesC - it would be good to clarify exactly how that is done.

The other thing you can certainly do is create a new account for the doorbell.  Then grant access to your existing cameras to that new account.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@richardbjr wrote:

I currently have an arlo 2 camera system with the free 7 day account.  I want to keep that as it suits my needs for those cameras.  I recently purchased a video doorbell and realize that needs a paid subscription, is there a way to have a paid service for the doorbell (i.e. 1 premier camera) and keep the 7 day free account for my arlo 2 cameras under the same login/account so I only go one place to see activity?  

There's some conflicting information on whether you can add the doorbell subscription to a free account w/o losing the free cloud storage.  @JamesC - it would be good to clarify exactly how that is done.

The other thing you can certainly do is create a new account for the doorbell.  Then grant access to your existing cameras to that new account.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

richardbjr,

You can add the Arlo Video Doorbell to your existing account. This will not impact the free 7 day cloud storage for your Arlo Pro 2 cameras. The Arlo Video Doorbell will come with a complimentary 3 month trial for Arlo Smart that will automatically apply after onboarding. Once that trial expires, to continue enjoying the benefits of Arlo Smart and cloud storage on your Arlo Video Doorbell, you will need to subscribe to an Arlo Smart plan. 

JamesC

richardbjr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you both for taking the time to answer my question, I was able to find all the settings StephenB referenced and looks like it will do the job.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation