Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
maniac180
Tutor
Tutor

Does the Arlo video doorbell integrate with HomeKit?  A lot of the Arlo line does but I can't find anywhere that states the video doorbell does.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The firmware has been released for compatible base stations/SmartHubs allowing for this HomeKit integration.

You can find the release notes here: Release Notes

Announcement post: Arlo Wired Video Doorbell and Arlo Pro 4 are now compatible with Apple HomeKit!

To receive the firmware update, you must wait until the automatic update window (tomorrow morning) or manually reboot your base station/SmartHub.

JamesC

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

maniac180,

It’s a goal of Arlo’s to make as many cameras compatible with these integrations as we can but we don’t have an announcement to make regarding Video Doorbell compatibility at this time.

JamesC

maniac180
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks JamesC!  So currently, you can only view the video doorbell via the Arlo app or by logging in to your account online?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

maniac180,

That's correct.

JamesC

Wsherman11
Guide
Guide
Ok we get it. Scripted answer over and over. You just cut and paste it over and over each time the question comes up?
dscoti
Guide
Guide
DaveM8686
Star
Star

Any reason why this is being excluded?  I was going to get this doorbell, but all this is doing instead is pushing me to get a Netatmo or Eufy instead.

I-spy
Star
Star

I am also interested to see Arlo release homekit support for the doorbell. Could you at least share with us whether this is planned? 

Jeffreyys
Initiate
Initiate

Smart home purveyor Arlo has announced the new Arlo Video Doorbell with a wide vertical field of view —but unfortunately no HomeKit integration. The new video doorbell camera is here to take on the likes of Ring and August. ... When pressed on HomeKit support, Arlo says they have no announcement to make at this time.

JGP7229
Star
Star

this is crazy to think a company would create a "new" product without Homekit support. I have 6 pro 2 cameras, an old Arlo Q, a Baby Arlo, pay for the yearly subscription and just purchased the new Video Doorbell. My thinking was how would it not be Homekit compatible... well I was wrong. The old argument with the wireless cameras was that they were wireless well the doorbell is hardwired in. Can anyone explain the reasoning that the new video doorbell is HomeKit compatible? 

JDobber
Tutor
Tutor

I think this has to do with their subscription model for this device. If they integrate with Homekit, we would have access to features that would otherwise be unavailable without their subscription. 

DaveM8686
Star
Star

Only for HomeKit Secure Video.  They can at least have the livestream happening through HomeKit, like they do with almost all their other cameras.

sphinrichs
Initiate
Initiate

I went with the Arlo Video Doorbell to have a consistent experience with my video needs. When will the doorbell be ready for HomeKit? I will be very hard for me to recommend Arlo if they do not have consistent experiences across all all platforms. 

SJohannsen
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just installed the Video Doorbell and like others, was surprised to find it wasn’t supported on HomeKit. Wouldn’t have changed the purchase decision, already have 5 cameras, so the doorbell was going to be it. My Ring has been causing too many false notifications. All the cameras work on HomeKit, so expecting the video doorbell to doesn’t seem far fetched. Let’s try to get some consistency on the products, so I can recommend them without a list of caveats.
moorekev
Tutor
Tutor
Especially since iOS 14 has facial recognition with the HomeKit. The only camera feasible for this is the video doorbell.
Bradys88
Tutor
Tutor

Any updates on this, Arlo? I’ve spent a lot of money on your camera systems and it disappoints me that tight integration with Apple HomeKit is still not active with the video doorbell. Additionally, we need Arlo to start supporting HomeKit secure video to allow us as consumers the ability to choose our own recording options. The new iOS 14 and updated HomeKit items are really exciting. I would be deeply disappointed to have to return all my equipment and buy into another manufacturer. 

SylvainD
Guide
Guide
I just bought the Arlo Video Doorbell. I am indeed very surprised about the lack of Homekit support.
Arlo can you answer if this support is planned or not?
If not, I will have to send back and go for other solution.
Thanks for your answer.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SylvainD,

It’s a goal of Arlo’s to make as many cameras compatible with these integrations as we can but we don’t have an announcement to make regarding Video Doorbell compatibility at this time.

JamesC

SylvainD
Guide
Guide
Ok, thanks for your answer. Then I have to send back my Arlo system.
Bradys88
Tutor
Tutor
Now that is has been 7 months and life has moved forward. Can I get more than the standard blah answer from Arlo on when we can get HomeKit support for a rather pricey doorbell? Don’t tell me ‘it’s the goal to....’ when it seems as though it wouldn’t take much to apply similar logic used in all the other cameras utilizing HomeKit and apply it here.
ndoolin
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m also wondering when HomeKit support is going to be added to this device.

Any Updates Arlo ?
Fluf_Meowerson
Guide
Guide

That was a great answer James. So helpful!

M8williams
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo,

I see that last month you reported on Arlo’s goals for the HomeKit integrations. I understand that you didn't have an update for the group last month on the progress toward these goals. What progress has arlo made on the HomeKit integration for the video doorbell since since the last update? How is the work to integrate arlo video doorbell coming along—is is in development, testing, pre-staging for go-live? Please provide a forecast date for “go-live.” Based on these thread Comment, it appears the arlo user community (those who bought this premium priced product and also pays monthly subscription fee) may be feeling like the product wasn’t quite ready for release and is frustrated with the limited updates/announcements on the on-going development/release/support for the flagship arlo video doorbell.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Credibility? Wrong place to watch 🙁

Though it is nice that once in a while a response is found by the company itself, what do you expect customers to believe when it is over months always the same lame response? Generic statement stipulating intent and then nothing is happening in a time where months are literally an eternity - sorry, totally wrong idea 😢

Wsherman11
Guide
Guide

Though I totally agree with wanting answers... I feel like we need to have a talk about the word "literally" and its meaning lol.