Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell - add additional chime and configuration of notifications, Smartthings

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Delpy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have recently set up the Arlo Video Doorbell for my parents. They invited me as a guest in order to view the videos. We want the doorbell to ring on their phone but not on the guest (my) phone. How do we set that up? When I turned off notifications on my phone, it killed theirs. When we reenabled, it rings on their phone (and mine) but the video doesn't appear on theirs, only on mine. How can we properly set this up?

How do we add an additional chime? It's working with the mechanical (old) chime, with the power kit. I need to add another chime at the back of the house, such as dome siren, to ring when the doorbell rings because they can't hear the regular doorbell ding-dong very well. Does the Smartthings button or multipurpose sensor work for that effect?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can use the phone settings for the app to turn off notifications for the Arlo app although if you want some notifications but not others that won't be useful. However, I don't know if that will stop the calls from coming through - you'd need to test.

As for a second chime, the Arlo plug-in chime may be sufficient - it can be pretty loud in my experience. The catch is that you need a base to connect it to so you'd have to buy a chime and base. I believe that you can ring multiple wired chimes (assuming the transformer provides sufficient current) so that could be a possibility. Otherwise I'd think your suggestion of Smartthings or similar could be helpful.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation