Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Video Doorbell Reset Process With Android Cell Phone

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation
RPB8717
Initiate
Initiate

I installed our new ARLO Video Doorbell in August 2020.  About two weeks ago all the outdoor cameras stopped working. I have two VMB4000 base units one upstairs and one downstairs connected to ORBI Satellites.  I took the following step (1) deleted all 8 wireless cameras on my Android cell phone, (2) deleted the ARLO APP on the phone also, (3) factory reset the two VMB4000 base units, (4) reset the modem as all the ARLO devices were not connecting VMB4000 base units on any of the 8 wireless cameras.   Speed on the internet is 200 Mbps.   Eventually all the wireless cameras came back on except the ARLO Video Floodlight won't record video still which is separate issue after the initial install went well and ARLO Video Doorbell won't connect at all in the twenty different ways I've tried. (1) completely disconnected the Video Doorbell, (2) factory reset the Video Doorbell 9 times, (3) Reinstalled the powerkit (even though I didn't need it the first time I installed it) (4) I'm not getting a QR Code and don't know if I need one as I'm trying to install this to a VMB4000 base (5) Even turned all the Advance Wi-Fi features off on my android cell phone.   What I do get is the solid white light on the Video Doorbell and get the flashing white lights on the Video Doorbell, but while its trying to find the Video Doorbell on my android cell phone eventually is a blinking "red lights" and it times out and goes back to the solid white light on the Video Doorbell.  Very frustrating after four days.   Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RPB8717
Initiate
Initiate

Okay I fixed it finally. The problem really seems to be that the QR Code was required to make this re-installation work.  So I restarted the process again to add a new device and installed the ARLO Video Doorbell without using the VMB4000 base.  I selected the option to installed the ARLO Video Doorbell directly as a stand alone device with the 2.4 GHz WiFI network, (1) inputted the SSID userid and password, (2) the QR Code then popped up, (3) then the ARLO Video Doorbell Chime sound was heard, and (4) the new device came up to complete the process.  I really think ARLO should include another option when the initial installation fails when trying to make a installation or reset a ARLO Video Doorbell.   The option to just install the 2.4 GHz WiFi network directly instead should be presented more then once as it's currently not discussed much from what I've reviewed online.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RPB8717
Initiate
Initiate

Okay I fixed it finally. The problem really seems to be that the QR Code was required to make this re-installation work.  So I restarted the process again to add a new device and installed the ARLO Video Doorbell without using the VMB4000 base.  I selected the option to installed the ARLO Video Doorbell directly as a stand alone device with the 2.4 GHz WiFI network, (1) inputted the SSID userid and password, (2) the QR Code then popped up, (3) then the ARLO Video Doorbell Chime sound was heard, and (4) the new device came up to complete the process.  I really think ARLO should include another option when the initial installation fails when trying to make a installation or reset a ARLO Video Doorbell.   The option to just install the 2.4 GHz WiFi network directly instead should be presented more then once as it's currently not discussed much from what I've reviewed online.  

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation