Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell Wired - Activity zone not working

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
POmds
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ,

I have recently bought and setup Arlo Video Doorbell. I have created activity zone but i am getting all motion alerts outside of activity zone whole day and night. I have disabled "All other Motion" in smart alerts for door bell but nothing solved issues. I am bombarded with the alerts which  i am not looking for.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe start by deleting the activity zone and then recreating it.

Are you using push notifications or email notifications?

POmds
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using push notifications. I am not able to see option to delete activity zone in the app.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@POmds wrote:

I am using push notifications. I am not able to see option to delete activity zone in the app.

Swipe left on the zone (in the list, not the image), and you will see a delete option.

Or use my.arlo.com.

POmds
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks i have deleted zone and created new one. I am monitoring now if this resolves issue.

POmds
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have deleted existing activity zone and created new one. It is still recording motion totally outside of activity zone. 

😞

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@POmds wrote:

I have deleted existing activity zone and created new one. It is still recording motion totally outside of activity zone. 

Is there any motion at all inside the zone?  How about video corruption?

POmds
Aspirant
Aspirant

Motion is happening way outside activity zone like vehicle or people walking by. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@POmds wrote:

Motion is happening way outside activity zone like vehicle or people walking by. 

Understood.  I'm wondering if there is some slight motion also happening inside the zone.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The sun's strong IR can be reflected into the zone causing a recording. Can you check to see if that's what's happening? Does it happen at night, too?

POmds
Aspirant
Aspirant

This happens in night and also in day time.

I spoke with customer care and they asked me to perform below sequential steps:

1. Delete activity zone and log out of Arlo App

2. Log in again to Arlo App, change motion sensitivity to 60 %

3. Create new activity zone

I have tested it over phone with customer care and it looks like worked for me. It was able to catch motion when I was in the activity zone edge and not captured when i was out of activity zone.

I will monitor it for next week and will update this post if , this infact, is final resolution.

Thanks

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation