Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell V1.2

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sinnerman
Follower
Follower

Purchased the video doorbell to expand my Arlo system.  So far extremely disjointed.

1. video does not display on the echo show 5.  it does make an announcement
  2. homekit button missing from the Arlo app
  3. doorbell video does not record to USB drive

Have tried searching the forums and Google.  Only solution that may work is to remove base station from app and/or delete add and start again.  I am not willing to nuke my setup just to add a device and get the functionality advertised.

I think my solution is going to be return the doorbell camera.  Sell the Arlo system and purchase a non cloud based homekit system.  Sorry Arlo, your days of continuously of dipping into my pockets for a subscription are over.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sinnerman,

1. If you're experiencing an issue with echo show 5 displaying video, take a look here: Why can’t I view videos from my Arlo Video Doorbell on my smart home device?

2. It’s a goal of Arlo’s to make as many cameras compatible with these integrations as we can but we don’t have an announcement to make regarding Video Doorbell compatibility at this time.

3. If you have the doorbell synced to a base station or SmartHub, recordings can be made to local storage. See here for more information: How do I connect my Arlo Video Doorbell to an Arlo SmartHub or base station?

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sinnerman,

1. If you're experiencing an issue with echo show 5 displaying video, take a look here: Why can’t I view videos from my Arlo Video Doorbell on my smart home device?

2. It’s a goal of Arlo’s to make as many cameras compatible with these integrations as we can but we don’t have an announcement to make regarding Video Doorbell compatibility at this time.

3. If you have the doorbell synced to a base station or SmartHub, recordings can be made to local storage. See here for more information: How do I connect my Arlo Video Doorbell to an Arlo SmartHub or base station?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation