Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video door bell availabile in UK?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
andysound
Follower
Follower

I have recently bought an Arlo system and think the cameras are great, I want to add a video doorbell but it doesnt seem to be for sale in the UK, say coming soon????  please can you let me know when it might be released

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

andysound,

I do not have a release date yet for the UK. Keep an eye on arlo.com for an availability announcement in the future.

JamesC

Fletchc86
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there any update on the UK release? The website has said coming soon since 2019.
lennysc14
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s available now through amazon however why is it so expensive? In US it’s US$ 149 however U.K. price is GBP179 at least GBP60 more based on exchange rate.
Naiyas
Guide
Guide

@lennysc14  It won't help much, but it will decrease the difference in price you are seeing. The US price is exclusive of Sales & Use Tax (the UK version of VAT) which differs by city and state. In NYC for example you need to add 8.875% to the price to account for this.

In the UK the price is inclusive of VAT and import duties. Import duties, I believe, will be between 2.5% and 10% based on the current EU tariff tables. VAT at 20% is charged on the price including import duties.

The volatility of the USD > GBP exchange probably isn't helping either!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation