Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Vid Doorbell not working

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
patrick2336
Follower
Follower

I recently purchased the AVD1001 and replacing the Vivint video doorbell cam, model VDBC2. There were two previous alarm systems installed BTW, Vivint being the last. I followed the directions. The only odd thing I ran into was the chime where the front and trans wire shouldve been attached to had the two wires twisted. So I untwisted and guessed which wire went to where based off of the voltage reading I was getting. Got the doorbell installed. I flipped the breaker, saw a red led for a moment then nothing. I then waited to see if the internal battery needed charging, nothing after 30 min. flipped the breaker and switched the chime wires to the other in case my guess was the reason. Flipped back on, waited, nothing. I hit the reset button on the back of the doorbell to see if that would cause anything to happen, nothing. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

patrick2336,

This could be due to your transformer voltage being under the minimum requirements to power the doorbell. Take a look here for more information: How do I measure the voltage of my doorbell transformer?

JamesC

FloridaBuckeye
Aspirant
Aspirant

Be sure you have a wire from the transformer to the screw labeled TRANS on the chime.  The other wire on the transformer should be going to the AVD.  The other wire from the AVD should be going to the FRONT screw on the chime.  Be sure you have the Arlo power adapter wired in to the Chime as well and the switch on the adapter is not in the override position.  Check the Chime to be sure it is paired, should be a button to do that on the chime, even though it is wired.  My AVD flashed white and amber until about 20 minutes, then flashed white to finish pairing into the hub.  I think it had something to do with the internal battery charging.  My wires were color coded so there was no guessing.  If yours on not, try touching together at the AVD to see if you get a small spark (don't worry since it is low voltage).  If nothing, keep switching the wires at the transformer until you get power to the AVD.  Good luck.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation