Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App cannot locate video doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dt585
Aspirant
Aspirant
I purchased my video doorbell and installed it without issue. After 3 days of use the doorbell was disconnected from the app. When trying to reconnect the app cannot find the doorbell.

I have tried resetting the doorbell and Turning the base station on and off. Picture attached of the screen that spins for 5 minutes until it says doorbell not found.
386EABDB-D3CE-472D-832A-B215171D185A.png
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you reset the doorbell you also need to remove it from Settings, My Devices.

Dt585
Aspirant
Aspirant
The doorbell is not paired and is not linked under ‘my devices’
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you reset the doorbell, did you hold the button until the ring light started flashing?

If so, you may want to swap at the store.

Dt585
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes and the doorbell continues to flash white and will not pair. I bought This online so there isn’t a store to swap at.

Is there a way to actually contact someone with arlo? Last time I tried I spoke to a third party that acted as if they were arlo and tried charging me a subscription. Frustrating.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Online stores generally allow returns within a certain period. Not as fast as a local store but it works.

You can use Settings, Support to see if that helps. If you don't have a subscription you can only use the chatbot but you can subscribe, get help and then cancel the sub to minimize cost.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation