Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Existing chime won’t stop chiming

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EllaZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Trying to install Arlo wired doorbell. My transformer is Nutone 16V 10VA. Existing chime is very old, Friedland. Installed power kit first on chime. After connecting power kit on chime, it keeps chiming, no stopping. We put power kit to both O and X. It doesn’t matter, just keeps chiming. Even after we installed doorbell, connected it in APP, the chime still keeps ringing. Now the doorbell rings on the phone. We have to disconnect chime. Please help! We want to make chime working.
5 REPLIES 5
EllaZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
I asked for support in Arlo App, the chat box told me “your account does not entitle a live agent support”. This is very rude and insulting. I have Arlo security cameras, now bought Arlo video doorbell. Am I not a customer? Not deserve customer support?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

What Friedland chime model do you have?

Although Arlo doesn't have a compatibility list for chimes, Ring does (and generally if a chime is works with Ring, it will work with Arlo).  Look for your chime in the list here: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/209028546-Ring-Video-Doorbell-Pro-Chime-Kit-Compatibility...

EllaZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. 

I checked the two Friedland chimes in Ring compatible chime list. My chime does not look like these two. it is more than 20 years old. I could not find model number. So The chime could be the issue. I was thinking to use Alexa speaker as chime. 

My transformer is Nutone 16V 10VA. Is transformer good? Enough voltage and power for Arlo doorbell?  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@EllaZ wrote:

My transformer is Nutone 16V 10VA. Is transformer good? Enough voltage and power for Arlo doorbell?  

No idea on it's current status.  But it is within the spec for the AVD1001.

EllaZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks! We will keep the transformer for now to see what happen.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation