Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

thal_gr
Initiate
Initiate

When I try to add new iPhone as trusted device, I keep getting "Oops! An error occurred."

I have the two step verification and have SMS as the primary step. I’ve tried several times to add my new iPhone as trusted device and I keep getting the same error message…. I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled without success.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Arlo development team is continuing to investigate these reports. We appreciate your patience while we work to isolate and resolve this issue. I will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I've escalated this topic, we're currently reviewing reports of this issue and will provide an update once we know more.

JamesC

• StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

Lots of folks having this issue at the moment. The work-around is simple - choose "don't trust" for now.

205 REPLIES 205
HCornelis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I still can not trust my new iphone. I keep getting the 'some error occured' notification.

What to do? 

I like to add the app to my new iphone again. 

Thanks, Hein

efecci
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo could make the process easier. The issue is that Arlo has another device listed so it won’t let you add your device. In my case I upgraded phones. So it had my old phone as the trusted device and wouldn’t let me “trust” my new phone. I ended up deleting the existing trusted device ( my old phone) then I was able to go through the process and Arlo now trusted my new phone. 

Good luck. It’s frustrating 

Jord
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I try to add new iPhone as trusted device, I keep getting "Oops! An error occurred."

I have the two step verification and have SMS as the primary step. I’ve tried several times to add my new iPhone as trusted device and I keep getting the same error message…. I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled without success

Jord
Aspirant
Aspirant

still not working

Mikata
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this very same issue on my new iPhone 13. I deleted and re-installed the Arlo app - didn't help. I did email two-way authentication - didn't work. I need to have this set up as a Trusted Device so I get all the notifications and alarms. 

Why has this issue not been resolved for a year - it's end of April 2023?!

Mikata
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried this. Did not work for me. What now?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There was a recent app update that should help resolve this issue. Can you update to v4.3.5 and tests again.

Thank you 

Mikata
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was on the phone with Arlo support for two hours two the day before yesterday. We deleted and  downloaded the most recent app at least 3 times during that call. It didn’t help. Whatever they suggested we did at least 2-3 times and nothing helped. 
In the end they convinced that my wifi must be insufficient. I then upgraded my wifi to the upload speed that’s 2x what they said I’d needed in order to register my new iPhone 13 as a trusted device. 
needless to say - I couldn’t. 
All that to say - the new app does not solve the issue. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can they try this work around: 

1. Login to arlo account using email or SMS 2FA
2. Go to 2FA
3. Remove previous trusted device
4. Log out
5. Uninstall the app * important step
6. Reinstall the app * important step
7. Login and trust

Mikata
Aspirant
Aspirant

We (the Arlo support person and I) did exactly that sequence of steps 2 times in the row. They guided me through it! The only thing we could not do twice was delete trusted devices. Once they were gone - they were gone. 
Now, I HAVE NO trusted devices associated with my Arlo account. 😞

Such a mess. 😞

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does this issue still occur on the latest version of the Arlo mobile app version 4.3.5?

Thanks 

Mikata
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes, it does. Extremely frustrating. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mikata Thank you for the update, I will notify the team and get back to you as soon as possible. 

Gunder123
Initiate
Initiate

I had to delete the app, re instal app, restart phone.  Manual hard restart the door bell (tiny button on the back), and then reconnect to the wifi and it finally worked.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mikata 

And you tried this workaround again after installing the 4.3.5 version? 

Mikata
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!
unfortunately, I’ve tried all of that. Repeatedly! 
In the end, I was told by Arlo support team that my wifi was inadequate. I immediately upgraded my wifi (for significant cost increase). Nothing! 
Then I tried the whole process again at work, where my upload and download speed is ~200 Mbps …. Still nothing. 
Horribly frustrating. 

Mikata
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I was on the phone with Arlo support team for almost 2 hours. They guided me in this process several times. I lost the count of how many times I deleted everything, uploaded and reinstalled the new app, deleted all trusted devices …. As the result I now have NO TRUSTED DEVICES! Absolutely no way to get a notification if my cameras are activated! Completely defeats the purpose of the system. 😞

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mikata Thank you for letting me know, I'm notifying the appropriate team. I will provide another update. 

Mikata
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates or further suggestions? I tried again - deleted trusted devices (there were none), deleted the app, reset the phone (new iPhone 13), downloaded the most recent app (4.3.6., I think), logged in and tried to add my phone as a trusted device - nothing! It just spins. 
What should I do? 

weshob
Aspirant
Aspirant

So....Arlo support, You said 3 weeks ago you would provide an update.  Is this an issue if you dont subscribe, you dont get support.  This is a pain and your destroying your reputation.  Report as promised asap.  Un acceptable.

Wes

MandV
Tutor
Tutor

I’m having problems getting into my app and viewing cameras. Spoke via chat 2 days ago and still no reply back. This is a disgrace. You pay all this money for a system they take down at their will. My problem occurred suddenly days ago and I have no access. Just purchased another camera and I am close to trashing the whole system. It’s worthless.

MandV
Tutor
Tutor

Same problems and just tried don’t trust and now it’s working . WTH is up with this system. I have had for 6 years + never had this happen . I’m not going through days of wasted time again. Will ditch if it happens again 

arlo-xinding
Aspirant
Aspirant

I changed my iphone recently. When I tried to log back in, it kept saying my device is not recognized. In the meantime, it also tried to send verification to my old phone which is not available anymore. Since I did not set my phone number yet, I could no longer log back in. 

arlo-xinding
Aspirant
Aspirant

I could log in to my account, that means if has my email account. But it only allowed me to use my old trusted device which is no longer available. 😪

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@arlo-xinding wrote:

I could log in to my account, that means if has my email account. But it only allowed me to use my old trusted device which is no longer available. 😪

You can get in using email verification (generally it's easier to read the email on a nearby PC).

And once in, you should be able to edit the trusted device list.