Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

thal_gr
Initiate
Initiate

When I try to add new iPhone as trusted device, I keep getting "Oops! An error occurred."

I have the two step verification and have SMS as the primary step. I’ve tried several times to add my new iPhone as trusted device and I keep getting the same error message…. I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled without success.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Arlo development team is continuing to investigate these reports. We appreciate your patience while we work to isolate and resolve this issue. I will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I've escalated this topic, we're currently reviewing reports of this issue and will provide an update once we know more.

JamesC

• StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

Lots of folks having this issue at the moment. The work-around is simple - choose "don't trust" for now.

205 REPLIES 205
smartinsit
Guide
Guide
I think we need to start flooding this chat with message to see if we can get attention from Arlo.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SAC24 wrote:

What happens if I choose "don't Trust?" Will I be locked out? Can I access my cameras?

You'll be able to proceed and access your cameras.

But you will need to go through the 2FA process again the next time you log in.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo development team is continuing to investigate these reports. We appreciate your patience while we work to isolate and resolve this issue. I will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

JamesC

abray07
Initiate
Initiate

I have had my cameras for over a year and have no problems until this past month! I got a new phone 3 weeks ago and had my arlo set up to work fine, until my husband couldn't access.. He was finally able to access our account from his app but now it wont allow me to access at all! I have tried to delete and redownload the app, I've put in a verification code COUNTLESS times, even tried to make a new shared device account with a different email and it still wont allow me to access. Every time it asks to "trust device", I hit TRUST and it comes up "Problem trusting device, please try again later".. I just wanna be able to access like I use to and have it trust my phone again!

Huskeydad
Initiate
Initiate

Having same issue with new IPAD pro and on old device no issue, it is an ARLO problem and talking to Apple they said 3rd party software ARLO owns it.  Bad enough devices stopped recording and no one to talk to and now this.

Dannybear
Master
Master
@smartinsit,

“@Dannybear, please, give us a break! I do not think we are having problems understanding the 2WA, the server is failing to trust our device, no response from Arlo, the robot support is horrible. In the meanwhile our security system is down.“

My comment regards the 2FA knowledge base article was to ensure that the user was doing it correctly.

As the merged thread has now been created and arlo have acknowledged that there is a issue with using the trust button all I can say is I’m glad I don’t have a new phone to trust as I would have to wait for this to be fixed before I could start using it.
grizzlymanj
Initiate
Initiate

I had to reset my iPhone today and set up as a new phone and now the Arlo app will not allow me to add as a trusted device. I have tried multiple times. I can log into Arlo fine on my MacBook Pro, but just can't do it with the Arlo app on my iPhone. All of my login credentials are correct. When I get to the "add trusted device" screen ... it just keeps saying "there was a problem, try again." What the heck? I need help.

jb61264
Initiate
Initiate

I recently upgraded my iPhone and now Arlo will not 'trust' it even though I go through the add trusted device steps and enter in a verification code that is sent to me via email...it won't send one to my new phone. I have removed the app and reinstalled with no success and keep getting the same error message (a red bar across the top of the app that says "There was a problem trusting this device. Please try again"

Whats even more frustrating is that you can't even manage this via the Arlo website. I should be able to go in and add a device and authenticate it easily from the site but obviously their programmers are not up to date with programming techniques that make this a fairly simple and standard thing to do.

JC19751980
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for all the info, ive been having a similar issue 

Kimkocherpark
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the same issue after getting my new phone. Before trading in my previous phone I tried to add my new number under Manage Accounts but still no success in connecting my new number. I need this resolved by 6/13.
Brandebooth
Aspirant
Aspirant
Camera wont pair
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@krillezzz wrote:
Trying to setup my account but Arlo app wont trust my device. Tried delete the app and reinstall, but same problem. It just say an error occurred, try again.

Arlo is investigating the bug.  For now, just choose "Don't Trust".

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Please authenticate and attempt to trust your new iOS devices again and let us know if you still experience any issues.

Thanks,

JamesC

AikaneKai
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC 

I can't respond in the other thread.  Thanks for your reply there.  If on my next required re-authentication (Please fix this.  It's beyond stupid for me to have to continue to re-authenticate my browser to which only I have access), it doesn't work, I will let you know.  From the threads it seems to be a fixed issue, so I don't anticipate having further issues.

mscheff2
Tutor
Tutor
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mscheff2,

Could you provide more details? What error messages are you seeing?

JamesC

mscheff2
Tutor
Tutor
The same message that everyone else is receiving.

“There was a problem trusting this device. Try again.”

I’ve tried. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, several times.
tammielouise
Star
Star

I thought this issue was resolved. It finally trusted mine after their tech department seemed to have found the bug. 

AndyTheQAGuy
Initiate
Initiate

Solved!

After upgrading from an older iOS device (iPhone 8 to the 13 Max Pro), my wife was encountering the same issue as everyone else, where attempting to switch to email to grab the 2fa code resulted in the Arlo app re-launching and then not accepting the now-expired 2fa associated with old session. Here's how we solved it:

- Go to your account, then 2fa settings, then click the trash can to forget the OLD TRUSTED DEVICE (this is the important part, I believe)

- Launch the Arlo app on your device

- Log/sign out of the app (even though you're not authenticated, do this)

- Log/sign in to the app

At the log in step, we were able to switch to email and back to the Arlo app to complete 2fa and then successfully trust the new device.

Note: The old and new phones used the same device name and and Arlo account, so this may be a case where Arlo is trying to send the push notification to the app on the old trusted device (that for most people no longer exists in a usable form), but hard to say from a mere end users perspective

junglebabbler
Aspirant
Aspirant

I keep having to re-Verify my Laptop Browser every flipping time I get an Arlo alert. V annoying.

angiellewellyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please explain how to get Arlo to “trust” new iPhone 14 pro. I’ve restarted phone, reinstalled app, etc. and nothing is working. 

Htorres
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wife and I got new phones when I got to the trust I just hit don’t trust this device and we were both in no issues .  

Dcharosky
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem, I'm trying it add a new iphone as trusted device but it's not allowing me to do it. I've tried via the webasite, I've tried via the app, nothing works. This is extremely annoying. Does anyone have a good answer to this problem?

I'm trying to add an iphone 13 pro max on latest version of iOS

RexThyKing
Aspirant
Aspirant

New iPhone 14 Pro and I’m wanting to get rid of my old phone that’s a XR. I can’t seem to get the new phone trusted even tho I did all the steps. Please find a work around to allow same accounts to be used over different devices. 

Xpq
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue updating my phone and not being able to get the new phone trusted despite logging out using mail verification to get to the Trust this device screen. 

This has been a problem for over a year and Arlo still hasn’t fixed it. But then this site opens a new window and asks me to log in once again if I click any link.

Clearly Arlo’s end of life is the signal to move to another manufacturer. It was a good product and interesting company that’s run it’s course.