Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

thal_gr
Initiate
Initiate

When I try to add new iPhone as trusted device, I keep getting "Oops! An error occurred."

I have the two step verification and have SMS as the primary step. I’ve tried several times to add my new iPhone as trusted device and I keep getting the same error message…. I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled without success.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Arlo development team is continuing to investigate these reports. We appreciate your patience while we work to isolate and resolve this issue. I will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I've escalated this topic, we're currently reviewing reports of this issue and will provide an update once we know more.

JamesC

• StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

Lots of folks having this issue at the moment. The work-around is simple - choose "don't trust" for now.

205 REPLIES 205
serndt
Initiate
Initiate

I have a new iPhone 13, software version 15.5.  I downloaded the new Arlo Secure app and have been unable to set up the app as I cannot get past the log in.  I keep getting an error when adding the trusted device. I have tried push notifications and email to verify and still no luck.  I am still able to log into my Arlo app on other devices, however, I would like to view my Arlo cameras from my new iPhone.  Please help. 

tammielouise
Star
Star

I have reset everything. I have gotten the push notification code to add as a trusted device and it still shows error and will not accept iPhone as a trusted device. I tired the support chat to no avail. I have an active plan but can't seem to be able to speak to a live person. Any help would be appreciated. 

UmarMuhammad
Star
Star
I had the same issue, someone suggested that instead of clicking the “trust“ button, click on “do not trust“ button. I did that, my app has been working perfectly fine since then.
abgervais
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue with my iphone 12pro.  I have the most up to date IOS and have deleted and reinstalled the app several times.  Nothing has worked.

LT22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been trying to setup Arlo this weekend and I cannot continue setup on both of my devices (phone/tablet) because I am also getting the Trusted Device error after inputting the security code. Restart, reinstall, and a different device doesn't work.

EOSJOE
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had to completely erase my iPad and then restore from the latest backup. After doing this the Arlo app refuses to trust my device. I log in, get authorization code on my phone, enter code and when I click "Trust this device" it sits there for a while and then displays a red "failed" banner at the top. I tried multiple times with the same result. I even went in on the PC and deleted the existing trusted device entry for the iPad. Still failed.

Odd thing is if I say "Don't trust" it goes ahead and lets me in.

Any idea why doing a from-scratch reload on an iPad causes trust issues?

marlene654123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Awesome thank you 

Dannybear
Master
Master
Lots of similar complaints atm so not related to the iPad reload.
srice
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also having the same problem and do not have a subscription so do not have access to live support. Pretty upset and may try another security camera product and app with a better customer service.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Lots of folks having this issue at the moment. The work-around is simple - choose "don't trust" for now.

IzzyKap
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've recently purchased an outdoor wire free Arlo 4 Pro camera and set it up with my Wifi and iPhone. However, I've just purchased a new iPhone to replace the one which was set up with Arlo 4 Pro. I can login on the new iPhone to the Arlo App but can't connect to the camera. I can't get past the "Add Trusted Device" screen. I can still connect to the camera with the old iPhone but not the new one. The message appears "there was a problem trusting this device". How do I get past the Add Trusted Device on the new iPhone? Thank you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic, we're currently reviewing reports of this issue and will provide an update once we know more.

JamesC

SueBooth
Initiate
Initiate

Clicked on Do Not Trust and managed to get in to the app. Weird? But it works. 

polevaulter316
Initiate
Initiate
I didnt trust the device and app is working. Trusting app must be a 2nd verification which is fine if home number and email works
Zamudiocy4
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, agreed after you press do not trust, it works
tammielouise
Star
Star

YES! FINALLY! I don't know how I got through to a live agent but I did. As they were trying to help me I was told to send them the logs from my Arlo account. I was stuck on the Trust screen and couldn't get out to get back to the login page so I bit the bullet and pressed the "do not trust" icon and POOF everything connected! Thanks to all of you for your advice to getting through this drama!! 

tammielouise
Star
Star

Click on the "do not trust" option. Worked for me! 

DMcLeod001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Upgraded to latest iPhone and Arlo didn't recognize new device.  Got message "There was a problem trusting this device. Try Again." on new iPhone.  Deleted app, reinstalled and can't get my new phone trusted as it goes n a loop with a red banner at top containing message above.  

Secondmanup1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just like many here, I cannot log into my cameras because my device is no longer recognized. When I enter my credentials into the app it sends me to a 6 digit. I oblige with it coming back as my device not recognized. I get it I bought a new phone but it’s my damn phone number. I went to my arlo, under 2step verification, changed out to my email. Same same.
I deleted my device name thinking I’d enter a new one, like the name of this new phone and poof, the old info is gone along with the ability to enter my new phone info. The entire entry field is gone. Once, when putting my credentials into my arlo it asked if I was using a trusted browser. I said yes, excited, but, the same thing.
I feel hopeless now. I wasted my money. I’m cancelling my subscription. I’ll hang on to the cameras for awhile but maybe I can sell them. I was just about to buy more.
Can anybody help me?
kulage
Initiate
Initiate

Hitting do not trust worked for me!

tammielouise
Star
Star

I clicked on the "Do Not Trust" and got through.

tammielouise
Star
Star

Click the "Do Not Trust" and it should get your through... that's how I got through it with my new iPhone 13

tammielouise
Star
Star

Try the "Do Not Trust" icon... it got me through

tammielouise
Star
Star

Click the "Do Not Trust" icon... that's how I got through

tammielouise
Star
Star

Click on "Do Not Trust" it got me through