Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
rick0511
Follower
Follower

I just received my Arlo Video Doorbell. I installed the power unit and then the video doorbell and do not get the white lights, I get a single red light above the door chime button. I have attempted to re-install several times and continue to get the same red light. Is the unit defective?

15 REPLIES 15
brh
Master
Master

@rick0511,

the solid amber light means that the doorbell is not receiving enough power. This can happen for a short period of time after a new installation as the internal battery may need 15 minutes or so to fully charge. If the amber light does not turn white after 15 to 30 minutes there are two things to try/consider.

1) you may need to change the switch setting on the power adapter you installed at your chime to the Bypass mode. If that doesn't resolve the issue, then

2) you will probably need to get a more powerful transformer.

Brian

Hector111
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I let it change for about 2 hours and it stays red and I checked the connections and it is give off the 24v but it doesn’t turn on the other lights but when I plug my old smart doorbell it’s works fine
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hector111,

A solid amber LED during setup indicates the doorbell is not receiving enough power. For more information, take a look here: What do the LED behaviors on my Arlo Video Doorbell mean?

JamesC

LouisvilleColo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem with the video doorbell. Plugged in one month. 24 volts and now chime doesn't work.
Thom84
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just had a similar problem today. The video doorbell has been working fine for a week but when I unplugged the transformer, now the red light comes on. Sounds like there is a defect with all of these complaints. Please advise
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LouisvilleColo, Thom84

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Thom84
Aspirant
Aspirant
Finally got it to work. Thank you
Udan08
Aspirant
Aspirant
How did you fix this ? I have similar issue, Arlo customer service is not any help. They are asking to call a third party to fix this, they are charging almost same price what I paid for doorbell! Shame
Hector111
Aspirant
Aspirant
What I did is I got tired of messing with it so I left it unplugged all night so about 5 hours in the morning I tried again and it worked. I believe what you have to do is you have to let the doorbell completely run out of power so it restarts it’s self and when you plug it back in it has been restarted. So leave it with nothing plugged in to it till there is no lights on the doorbell at all
Udan08
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks! I will give a try. What’s the voltage requirement for this device? I see only 19v in my multimeter
LouisvilleColo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Needs 24v to work.
Thom84
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try taking some time to troubleshoot by disconnecting, unplugging, resetting. I also had difficulty with the doorbell detecting my WIFI also and had to try several times to connect but could be due to distance of doorbell to my router.

acc10xt
Tutor
Tutor

I think the OP might be referencing the IR LED, which is a single red LED above the chime circle. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062359/Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell-Wired-Product-Tour

RPM2
Tutor
Tutor
He made no mention od an am er or white light, he was referring to the SINGLE RED LIGHT above the doorbell. This is the problem I have with Arlo tech support, they do NOT read the complaint, they just spew generalities from "the manual" The last 2 time this piece of doorbell went out on me I waited 4 weeks each time for a se.ireasonable response which is unacceptable.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LouisvilleColo wrote:
Needs 24v to work.

No, the range is 16-24v for the wired doorbell.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation