Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wife’s phone not found by doorbell in last step of pairing

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Roborado
Aspirant
Aspirant
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Roborado
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pairing problem solved for my wife using our PC (not the iphone).  Thanks for your help

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@Roborado wrote:

Yes, my wife has an Arlo account.  I extended an invitation, and successfully paired her phone up to the last step where no device was located

Did you attempt to accept the invite on the phone?

Often it works better on a PC.  Click on the "Create account" link there, and it should launch your browser (to my.arlo.com).  Then log into her account.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Roborado wrote:
Wife’s phone not found by doorbell in last step of pairing

Can you provide some more details here?  Did you first add the doorbell to your account?  Is the doorbell currently on-boarded.

Many people assume that you use "add device" for friend account access.  You don't.

Roborado
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, my wife has an Arlo account.  I extended an invitation, and successfully paired her phone up to the last step where no device was located

Roborado
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, my phone is paired and works well with the doorbell camera

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Roborado wrote:

Did you attempt to accept the invite on the phone?

Often it works better on a PC.  Click on the "Create account" link there, and it should launch your browser (to my.arlo.com).  Then log into her account.

Roborado
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pairing problem solved for my wife using our PC (not the iphone).  Thanks for your help

Roborado
Aspirant
Aspirant

Traditional chime works when I bridge the two screw connections; however, it does not work when the Arlo doorbell is pressed.  I do get a phone call.  I removed the Arlo doorbell, then reinstalled it.  Traditional chime still "not connected".  It did work initially (for awhile) with the first installation.  How do I get the traditional chime paired?  There is no option in the software.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Roborado,

Take a look at the troubleshooting tips listed here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062327/My-existing-chime-does-not-ring-when-I-press-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-D...

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation