Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
FarneFogey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had a support request open for a week now and not had an answer. This is not good.

Since updating my iPhone to iOS15 I’ve been unable to talk to people who ring my doorbell. I can hear them and they can hear the pre-recorded messages, but not my voice.

I have reset all the devices, checked all the settings (yes, they are all correct, too.) Something is wrong and the lack of support from Arlo is very disappointing.

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FarneFogey,

Are you able to test using a different device to see if the issue is isolated to the iOS15 device? Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

feasty
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same issue. This is an issue reported on other threads that have been marked as solved, but the issue still persists. I had an Arlo Essentials Video Doorbell fitted by Verisure yesterday and I'm having either of the 2 issues randomly happen when answering on my iPhone 12 Pro Max with iOS 15:

The video works perfectly and I can hear audio from the doorbell, but I cannot speak to the person at the doorbell (yes the app does have permission to access my microphone). Toggling the mute on and off for the microphone does nothing.

OR

The call answers, and I can talk to the person at the door, but the UI of the app freezes and makes the phone unresponsive. The UI still works as I can hang up the call, but it doesn't refresh.

I'm using the 3.5.6 (2972) Arlo App on an iPhone 12 Pro Max with iOS 15

Doorbell firmware: 1.2.1.0_480_2bc43d0_b595c6d

Hardware: AVD2001Aer1.2

I've tried:

* Restarting the doorbell

* Disconnecting the battery from the doorbell and restarting

* Restarting the phone

* Using WiFi and Cellular on the iPhone to answer the doorbell

* Re-installing the app

* Changing the call settings to unmute/mute the microphone on answering

* Checked that the Arlo app has all the permissions required

By the looks of the forums this is a persistent issue with the iPhone 12 Pro Max, or maybe a more general issue with iOS devices.

FarneFogey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tested this on several devices - all the ones with iOS15 have the same problem. Older devices and the one Android device we use do not have this problem.

FRonsholt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the same issue after the latest firmware update 1.2.2_621_903a525_c998ba4 and it's the same for both iPhone 12 max pro and Iphone 13 pro. It seems to work on Iphone 11.

Before the firmware update the screen just froze, now I can see and hear the sound, but they can't hear you at the door. Text message goes through.

All Iphones got the latest updates.

ccunningham100
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the same issue since my doorbell was installed by Verisure. I've tired everything. Tried Arlo support (Verisure haven't a clue). tried all sorts of fixes and nothing works.

Verisure engineer was in my house got an hour plus. couldn't fix it (tried everything he could think of to blame my network).

I'm sending the door bell back and getting a  Ring doorbell

Peterfg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I have the same issue. Unable to talk to people who ring the doorbell. I bought this doorbell yesterday, this was thread started in September. Surely this problem would have been resolved! Has it, is there a solution?

FarneFogey
Aspirant
Aspirant

No.

I was looking at my list of support requests with Arlo, and I have had lengthy problems with the doorbell and chime eight times in the eight months since I bought the device. The issue with people at the door being unable to hear me has not been resolved despite being an ongoing problem that I keep coming back to.

After a quick legal consultation, I discovered that I can reject the devices under the Sale of Goods Act 2015 on the grounds that it has persistently failed to work as advertised and I can prove that I have given Arlo numerous opportunities to resolve the problem.

So I did that yesterday and got a full refund from Amazon.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation