Animal Detection Failing

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sentinel2022
Aspirant
Aspirant

Received this most appreciated doorbell from my wife for Christmas and set it up without any issues. However, I cannot, despite going through all the settings, get Animal detection to work. Animal detection is ticked and sensitivity set to 100% from the default 80%. I have a big fat cat and my sons dog parading within 10 feet of the camera, but no notifications. Other detection modes work fine. In my case Animal detection was the most primary buying point. Hope someone can help me resolve this. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sentinel2022 wrote:

Thanks. Yes, that might be my oversight. Have now set a custom mode. Any suggestion as to sensitivity for cats, dogs within 10 feet ?

Start with 100%, and then back it down if you get too many unwanted recordings.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sentinel2022 wrote:

sensitivity set to 100% from the default 80%.

Did you set this in the motion detection test, or in the mode?  The motion detection test is just a test, so if you set it there you'll need to re-apply it in the mode.

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Sentinel2022
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Yes, that might be my oversight. Have now set a custom mode. Any suggestion as to sensitivity for cats, dogs within 10 feet ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sentinel2022 wrote:

Start with 100%, and then back it down if you get too many unwanted recordings.

Sentinel2022
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spoiler

Thanks. Will give it a shot🙏😊

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation