Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Wolfpretzel
Star
Star

I have tried and tried to get this video doorbell to work as advertised but it still fails in the most important reason I bought it - video call to phone (iPhone 12 pro) when away from home. 
I have tried changing the video quality to the lowest setting. I have restarted the device. I have logged out of and uninstalled the app. I have checked for firmware updates. I have made sure the phone app is up to date. All to no avail. The video call feature only works when I am at home and on the same wifi network. I can be away from home with full 5G reception (have tested upload/download speeds to rule out data speed issues) and every time I accept the call it opens the app and gives me a black/greyed out video feed with an eternal loading symbol. No video feed comes through. No audio. Nothing. 

I recently added Arlo Pro 4 cameras to the mix, thinking that at least I could use the two-way audio feature on them if the doorbell continues to fail in its job but it seems that they give a video feed but fail to transmit audio (away from

home on 5G data connection). 
Both the doorbell and cameras are connected to fast internet via a strong wifi signal. 

Does it work for other people on different phones? Am I the only person who cannot get these devices to work 100% as they should?

11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is it possible to test on another phone with mobile data? 

Wolfpretzel
Star
Star

I have tested it many times on my wife’s older iPhone XS and the same issue is there. The doorbell will call the phone and upon answering it opens the app, goes to the call with the message/microphone/end call button there but the video feed is either grey or black with an eternal loading/buffering graphic. No audio and no video. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo app does this occur on?

Thanks 

Wolfpretzel
Star
Star

Currently on the latest version - 4.0.2 (5309) released 6 December 2022 - but it has failed to work in this fashion on every version we have used. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for that. It looks like we have a similar issue reported and the team is investigating it. I will provide another update as soon as I can. 

Wolfpretzel
Star
Star

Any updates on solving the problem?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue with the latest version the Arlo app 4.5?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Wolfpretzel Do you have any additional feedback?

Wolfpretzel
Star
Star

Just got tested then (away from home, on 5G reception) and it worked! Hopefully it keeps working. Thanks for checking in. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Wolfpretzel Thanks

Jimmydejong
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I accept the call in the app when there is pressed on the button I see no live video in the app. Often it is trying to make a connection or I see only a grey video. Later I can see the video in the feed, so it is recorded but not played live video in the app

My WiFi is 100%

Who can help because Arlo has no solution.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation