Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wireless Doorbell Battery life about 1 day (24 hours)

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Gurre
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I bought a Doorbell but could not get it to work more than 24hrs before the battery is dead.  As I had thrown away all packaging etc I bought another one, so I now have two.  The second one has the same problem.  Even if I put it indoors next to the wifi router or base station (tried both) both doorbells last one day only, i.e. they are useless.  

Is this a hard ware fault?  As I have two with the same issue there seems to be a faulty product, or am I missing anything?  Been trying both with the base station and directly to wifi, same problem.

Firmware:  1.7.0.0_714_ea3a7e4_e4abf14
Hardware: 1.4

Firmware: 1.2.0.0_624_718aea3_c998ba4

Hardware 1.2

Anyone with a solution?  Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not likely a hardware fault if 2 devices do this. Have you rebooted the router and base?

ELardner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got off line with support on this problem. They’ve said factory reset and remove device. They dropped me on chat (slow typing) I’m not able to re sync the wireless since then. Getting frustrated. Any suggestions since supply seems to be lacking.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All details are needed as to what you've tried and what you see. You can try this procedure:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

ELardner
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did a factory reset then removed device thru app. It will no longer sync with base or Wi-Fi. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the battery charged? What have you tried and what do you see?

ELardner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it’s fully charged. Actually bought another battery thinking that was the problem. Beginnings to believe I have faulty unit.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation