Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Set Doorbell to have push notification and not call?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
iNo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the Arlo Video Doorbell Wire-Free set in my apartment hallway with many people walking by so I set it to not give me any alerts, but I would still like the Arlo to send an alert when the button is pressed similar to other Video Doorbell competitor products. I do not need to answer the door with a call but rather would have a notification like chime on my phone instead of a physical chime.
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Disarmed mode for your doorbell. The doorbell will still ring your phone when pressed but no videos will be taken so no notifications, either.

iNo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Darn... so there's no way to have the button just be an alert?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

iNo,

It sounds like you may want to enable Silent mode and disable the incoming call from the doorbell. Within your mobile app navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your doorbell > Silent Mode > toggle off incoming call. For more information see here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062169/How-do-I-receive-incoming-calls-or-voice-messages-from-the-Arlo-Doorbe...

Afterward, test to see if the doorbell is behaving as desired.

JamesC

iNo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have tried this as well, but I would like it to notify me at least if someone has pressed it at all. When completely silenced and disabled there is no notification at all that someone has pressed the button either and the call gets rejected
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@iNo wrote:
Yes I have tried this as well, but I would like it to notify me at least if someone has pressed it at all. When completely silenced and disabled there is no notification at all that someone has pressed the button either and the call gets rejected

There is no way to turn the button press into a notification.  So the only options are to depend on the motion detection to give you an alert, or to live with the phone calls.

FWIW, it would be nice if there was a way to get a notification (and like the other notifications, be something you can schedule, or set up with geofencing).

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation