Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential Video Doorbell wire-free not found

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ggtuc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Removed video doorbell from wi-fi and tried to link it to a base station.  Despite following all the steps precisely, it cannot be found.  I tried it several times with two base stations both with firmware up to date.  Then I attempted to hook it back up to wi-fi and now it cannot be found there either.  Again all steps followed precisely camera scans QR code fine and I get the success tone.  Then it just spins and spins.  Doorbell is connected properly to wi-fi.  For what it's worth mobile device I'm using to do the pairing is using latest Mac OS.  Any ideas why I'm having issues?  Thanks  

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ggtuc wrote:

Removed video doorbell from wi-fi and tried to link it to a base station.

What base station model(s) do you have?

ggtuc
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMB4000r3 and VMB4500r2.  I've tried to connect to both with no success.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

After removing the doorbell, did you complete a factory reset prior to attempting to reclaim it?

Make sure to follow these steps to complete the reset: How do I reset my Arlo Essential Video Doorbell?

JamesC

MarkMagruf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found the router freq HAS to be 2.4 G if that is required of your device.  It will NOT connect to a faster or slower speed.  I found that out through trial and error.  My router has  5 AND 2.4 as it turns out.  I was trying to connect with the 5G connection until I realized maybe I should try the  2.4G... Bingo!

Good Luck.

ggtuc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry for the late reply. The reset worked and I’m connected to the base station. But even after lowering the video quality settings I’m still getting a delay when we answer the doorbell on the phone. It’s about 2-3 seconds. It’s at a business and we primarily use it when we’re out to instruct delivery services. The router and base stations are a bit far away from the doorbell. But even when I had it connected to wi-fi with an extender, I was getting the same delay. Any thoughts on that?
MarkMagruf
Aspirant
Aspirant

no problem on delay. I am not using a base station.  I connect directly to my router at my home.  The camera is for the front porch area.  Anyway, 2-3 second delay doesn't sound awful to me? it could be so many things, including your internet provider.  I would say we have a 2 second delay, but I have not truly timed it.    Hope you find the answer you are looking for.  I was only commenting on the process of connecting to wifi... I saw frustration out there with NO connection.  That was me until I found out when they say 2.4G WIFI they mean ONLY that frequency.  It won't scan and connect to any other.  I also have 5G and that was  my problem.  Anyway.  Good luck!!   

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation