Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
becky_s
Initiate
Initiate
I’ve just installed the wire-free video doorbell. The video stream is working just fine when viewed live or when triggered by the motion sensor, but it corrupts when I answer a call. The screen is grey with a spinning wheel of doom, then on playback I lose the whole of the bottom half of the picture to green screen or lines. Would be very grateful for any ideas on how to fix this.
13 REPLIES 13
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried reducing the resolution (as a test)?

TCLIII
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue. Reducing resolution doesn’t help. Connected to Base Station, strong reception, works fine when live. Just no picture when someone rings the doorbell. Pointless then.  

TCLIII
Aspirant
Aspirant

Doesn’t help. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TCLIII,

What model mobile device are you using and with which carrier? Is the behavior the same when the device is connected to mobile data and WiFi?

JamesC

TCLIII
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using IPad Pro 2021 and IPhone Pro 13 Max. Cell Carrier is non US. Same issue whether cell or connected to same Wi-Fi as doorbell. 

Cameras work fine. All cameras and doorbell connected to Base station. When click on Doorbell, see live video no problem. Just not when someone rings doorbell. Just grey screen. 

becky_s
Initiate
Initiate

Hi JamesC, a reply to the original post would be nice!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

becky_s,

Did you try reducing the resolution as suggested?

JamesC

DerHerzog
Star
Star

This has been an issue I've been dealing with for 18 months. Everytime I think it's fixed, the issue reoccurs a week or so later.

They've even sent me a replacement doorbell - same issue. It's clearly a firmware problem. 

Arlo support has been woefully inadequate at providing a solution and have yet to provide any financial compensation, despite a broken product. 

I just contacted them AGAIN this morning...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tested the doorbell by bringing it inside temporarily?

dclayman1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue.  Someone came to my door and rang the doorbell which chime works fine.  I tried answering it and camera would not show who was at the door just a grey picture.  Sometimes when it does work my video is all pixelated. I wish Arlo would fix this issue 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those still experiencing this issue after exhausting the troubleshooting listed here. I recommend contacting Arlo Support through the Arlo Secure mobile app under Settings > Support to open a ticket for further investigation.

JamesC

DerHerzog
Star
Star

James, I've had multiple tickets open over 18 months... there are only so many one can open...

Can we get someone to escalate this?

JonathanT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have had multiple tickets and replies usually going around in the same circles. Does the Arlo doorbell simply not work on Australian mobile networks? Surely this requires a patch!!

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation