Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
marshallbu
Guide
Guide

Has anyone had the luxury of getting ghost phone calls from your doorbell long after someone has pressed it?

We've had deliveries ring the doorbell, hear our wired chime but not the fantastic Arlo chimes.  Then out of no where, sometimes up to 30-40 minutes later, all Arlo chimes ring and the incoming call from the doorbell trigger.

My experience thus far has me very tempted to go back to something that "Rings" correctly when used.

26 REPLIES 26
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When playing the recording what are you seeing? Is it just blank or is it showing something different?

marshallbu
Guide
Guide

There is no recording, it's ringing through to my phone for live video from the doorbell, but at this point whoever rang the doorbell is long gone.  My other Arlo camera that is positioned above the front door actively recognizes movement and people while the doorbell registers stuff (if anything) minutes later.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still seeing this same behavior?

marshallbu
Guide
Guide

Previously, I was told to add the device directly to my wifi to avoid "interference" as videos would be half green or distorted.

When this issue started, after nothing else worked I decided to reconnect it to the Arlo Base.  I had to reset the device 3 times before it started working correctly, or to get it to connect via QR code.  The doorbell rings but as of yet I can only remember 2 times the video calling feature working when someone is waiting at the door.  Thus far the Arlo Ultra that is also positioned on our porch is far more reliable than this doorbell device has ever been.

(As an aside, please fix the QR scan camera view in your app to work with later iPhone model cameras, as you can't zoom into the microscopic QR code with the default camera.  I end up having to snap a picture, zoom into the picture on an iPad, and scan that to connect within the app.)

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

So it either rings after a long delay or you do not get the call at all is that correct?

marshallbu
Guide
Guide
Correct, it would either only trigger the mechanical doorbell, or ring through upwards of 30+ minutes after the fact. This includes randomly ringing the 2 assigned chimes in-between the initial physical press of the doorbell button.
Delboy78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please help, my doorbell has started ghost calling several times day or night. Even with nobody at my front door the doorbell is ringing like it’s been pressed. The Battery is over 80% full. It’s not fun when the doorbell goes off late at night or in the early hours
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by removing the doorbell from your account, reset it and add it back to see if the gremlins are gone.

Old user interface that uses Library for recordings

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

New UI that uses Feed

https://kb.arlo.com/000062934/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Video-Doorbell-Arlo-Secure-4-0

If that doesn't help, use Settings, support from the app. Select the doorbell and scroll down to Contacts to talk to official support.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing that information. I have passed it onto our development team who is currently looking into this. I will provide an update as soon as possible.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this same behavior?

marshallbu
Guide
Guide

I gave up testing this due to the reliability of the doorbell, and instead rely on the Arlo Ultra 2 positioned on the porch.

Doorbell itself is a "sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't" in regards to the smart features, but it still rings the hardwired chime.

MDolsen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I’m experiencing the same thing, but only 1-3 minutes after the doorbell has been pressed. The call rings our cellphones straight away, but the chime makes it’s sound 1-3 minutes afterwards. I’ve tried to restart the doorbell and chime, removed and added them again in the app, etc., but nothing works. The delay when speaking to someone through the doorbell is also very long. Aprox 4-6 seconds every time which is extremly annoying as conversations are almost impossible.

Specs:

- The doorbell is wireless and full battery

- Chime and door bell are 6-7 meters apart

- I have a hub with SD-card installed + subscription

- They are both connected to a 750/750 Mbit internet which is very stable as I work lots from home

- Both have full WIFI-signal

What is going on?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Our development team is looking into this. I will update as soon as possible. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MDolsen can you please provide a recording of when the doorbell is pressed and when the chime goes off?

MDolsen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you really mean that I’m suppose to record for 1-2 mins until the chime goes of? That will be a huuuge video to upload.

it’s very simple:

1. I press the doorbell and it makes a sound and it calls our phones.

2. After 1-2 minutes, the chime goes of. Very often in the middle of the conversation to the person pressing the doorbell.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still seeing this same behavior?

MDolsen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi and yes.

A visitor rang my doorbell just now and my phone startet calling right away as it normally does. I used 40sec to get the door and mid conversation, the chime rang, about 1,5mins after they pressed the doorbell.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you please send me a dm of a video showing what you are seeing?

MDolsen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, somehow everything works fine now and have done so for the past 3 weeks. I will keep an ear on the chime to see if it rings or not.

i will post here if it happens more.

MDolsen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ignore my last post on the thread since the doorbell and chime is still having a delay.

I have DM’ed you about my recording.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I got the DM thank you for providing that. Our development team is currently looking into this. I will update you as soon as possible. 

MDolsen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Have your developers found anything?

Latest happenings is that yesterday and today (5min ago), the chime rang 1,5mins after the doorbell was pressed. Our phones got notifications straight away, so without them nearby, our doorbell is useless as most people leave if nobody answers within 2mins.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Was there any chance the iPhone did not have internet when this occurred?

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation