Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell AVD2001 will not sense motion over 6'.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
wfoley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do I need an extra cost subscription to sense beyond 6'? I have moved the slide from 10% to 100% and the sensitivity doesn't change. My truck can pull up towards the camera 10' and it will not sense it. Response is rather slow also. When someone comes to the door and pushes the button, the recording doesn't start until they are reaching for the button.  I cannot get the sensitivity area to display like my other camera's do. It says to pinch the corners but there are no corners. So far, this has not been a good experience.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No subscription is needed for motion sensitivity changes. First, are you changing the sensitivity in your modes and rules (or in Default Mode Settings if using the new user interface that uses Feed to view videos)? The motion test doesn't save. Also, PIR sensors work best when motion is side to side and not directly at the camera so the  truck issue may not be a fault. The sensitivity area doesn't show - I assume you mean like some of Arlo's other cameras which have a huge FOV (Ultra, Pro 3 and up, etc.) where the PIR sensor simply can't cover the whole scene. The doorbell is mounted vertically while the others are generally tilted down, making the coverage issue moot. Finally, "pinching the corners" is simply cropping the view, not setting anything else.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No subscription is needed for motion sensitivity changes. First, are you changing the sensitivity in your modes and rules (or in Default Mode Settings if using the new user interface that uses Feed to view videos)? The motion test doesn't save. Also, PIR sensors work best when motion is side to side and not directly at the camera so the  truck issue may not be a fault. The sensitivity area doesn't show - I assume you mean like some of Arlo's other cameras which have a huge FOV (Ultra, Pro 3 and up, etc.) where the PIR sensor simply can't cover the whole scene. The doorbell is mounted vertically while the others are generally tilted down, making the coverage issue moot. Finally, "pinching the corners" is simply cropping the view, not setting anything else.

wfoley
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am slowly discovering settings in sub menus that I didn't know were there. A lot of my issues are corrected but the sensitivity, as compared to my other Arlo camera's, is not good. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The doorbell, by virtue of its being mounted vertically, does work rather differently than the other cameras. Some experimentation is needed to get what works best for you. I happen to have an activity zone that excludes the street that's otherwise in view and my motion sensitivity is set to 45. YMMV.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation