Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essentia Wire-Free Doorbell AVD2001

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JoeWar
Aspirant
Aspirant

This website and others are replete with complaints about Arlo’s customer service & tech support … or, serious lack thereof.  I just experienced this in spades.

After an issue that might or not be related, in effort to fix it, I removed and tried to reinstall Arlo Essential wire-free doorbell.  Two weeks of bantering, via online chat (Arlo provides no phone support unless certain conditions are met), produced no positive result.  In the final step where the Android app looks for the doorbell device, it never found it; there were intermediate problems as well.

Over at least 4 cases, I engaged at least 7 different agents, each of whom had me repeat steps I had followed and documented fully numerous times.  Rinse and repeat, endlessly repeating the same procedures but expecting a different outcome.  Duh!

Despite my providing detailed overview of what had been tried, agents repeatedly asked the same things, ignoring background and explanations I had given.

First 6 reps never responded to my suggestion to ship the device to a location for testing in a controlled environment.  And, I submitted proof of purchase twice, well within warranty period, before 7th Arlo agent finally conceded and provided an RMA.

What other users have remarked here, I encountered in spades.  Where is management?  How does a company like Arlo exist with sorry performance like I encountered?  I snail-mailed a detailed critique to Arlo's CEO, naming agents who were involved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeWar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received the replacement doorbell today 2/2.  Installation was straightforward, no issues, and the device works fully as expected.  It was pitiful for 7 agents to have put me thru the wringer, involving at least 4 cases over 10 days.  What is it that agents don’t get … that customer, especially as persistent as I was, is [at least sometimes] right and should be accorded some deference.  I trust that my letter to Arlo CEO McRae, giving "receipts," engenders corrective measures.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JoeWar,

I apologize for the poor support experience. Hopefully, the RMA will resolve the issue you were experiencing. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

JamesC

JoeWar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received the replacement doorbell today 2/2.  Installation was straightforward, no issues, and the device works fully as expected.  It was pitiful for 7 agents to have put me thru the wringer, involving at least 4 cases over 10 days.  What is it that agents don’t get … that customer, especially as persistent as I was, is [at least sometimes] right and should be accorded some deference.  I trust that my letter to Arlo CEO McRae, giving "receipts," engenders corrective measures.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation