Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lamnob
Star
Star

Successfully installed the wireless doorbell camera and am now trying to set up the Chime 2 to go with it.   I select add new device and select chimes, chime 2, and then scan the code on my device.   I then get a popup saying:

Connect to device

Arlo app wants to use a temporary wi-fi network to connect your device Arlo_g45z

Cancel   Connect

So I select connect.  It then asks me for my wifi and I select it from the list and key in the passcode.

After a minute or so I get the following popup:

Unable to join Arlo_g45z

Please make sure the chime you scanned is plugged in (which it is)

Cancel   Try Again

So I try again and pretty much go through the same process and end up not connected.   

7 REPLIES 7
lamnob
Star
Star

screen print

lamnob
Star
Star

second screen print

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
lamnob
Star
Star

I've tried resetting the chime 2, have tried multiple android phones and my tablet, but get the same results on all.

lamnob
Star
Star

I've tried resetting and also trying to connect using different phones and a tablet.   Always the same response

Unable to join Arlo_g45z

I opened a case with support, but they seem to be ignoring me...

Madfire
Initiate
Initiate
I have same problem. Tried 2 different chimes same thing. I talked to support 4 times. They don't know. I'll just take it back and use the jumper wires that came with doorbell camera and hardwire it. Use my regular doorbell as the chime. This also keeps battery charged I am told
lamnob
Star
Star
Oddly enough, I kept trying and one day it actually worked. I reset the chime, deleted the cache in the app and tried installing and got the unable to join, selected try again and it worked. I can't explain why because I had done the same procedure before.
I didn't find arlo support very helpful.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation