Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cturboaddict
Tutor
Tutor

Older arlo pro kit with 4000 base. 5 cameras plus 1 wireless doorbell. All have been working great for years.

Tonight I noticed that my Alexa show wasn't chiming when trick or treaters rang the bell. 

Looked thru Alexa app and found nothing. Disconnected the doorbell and removed from both arlo and Alexa app.

Can connect to wifi, but wont connect to smart guy base. All 5 other cameras are connected.

When I attempt to add device and connect to smart hub base, it just searches and searches for doorbell. Restart process and will do the same. 

Hooks right up to wifi though but shows two modes split up. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Now it seems like resetting your system would be the last ditch attempt. Remove all devices from your base and then the base itself. Reset the base b y holding the button until the LEDs flash amber and let it reboot to green power and Internet LEDs - the Camera LED may be off or solid amber. Claim the base as if new and add cameras normally, including the doorbell. PITA but it should clear out any weirdnesses.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try the reset procedure?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

I'd also try rebooting the base.

cturboaddict
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. I reset the arlo doorbell. Still the same results. 

When i go through the add new device settings and select add to arlo base. It will tell me to first connect my doorbell to wifi, which it does and updates the firmware. Then it goes to the arlo base and will check it for updates. it does. 

Then it will return back to the same doorbell setup and then never finds the doorbell. 

Right now I have it hooked up to just wifi. But now I have a mode for the base and a mode for the doorbell. I had them all on the base before. I'm not sure. 

If i reset the base, do I need to reset all of my cameras as well? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I actually said REBOOT, not reset. The reset would be a last ditch attempt to get things working.

cturboaddict
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I've rebooted/restarted/and unplugged the base station. Still the same result. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Now it seems like resetting your system would be the last ditch attempt. Remove all devices from your base and then the base itself. Reset the base b y holding the button until the LEDs flash amber and let it reboot to green power and Internet LEDs - the Camera LED may be off or solid amber. Claim the base as if new and add cameras normally, including the doorbell. PITA but it should clear out any weirdnesses.

cturboaddict
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you. I finally go around to getting to this. Did exactly as you said.
Deleted doorbell and all cams from app, then base station. Reset with reset button on back till lights flashed.
Cleared cache on app, cleared data, forced stop. Restarted phone. Logged back in.
Sync'd the base station and then the doorbell, then all other cameras.

It's back single sourced in one mode now, so I can control all cameras from that single mode.
Yes it was a bit of a pain to get all the cameras down, but this my only issue I've really had in the years that I've owned this product. 

Appreciate the help. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation