Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 37 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Claymoss
Tutor
Tutor

I am on my 2nd Arlo wire free door bell. Whenever someone is at my door and presses the doorbell I get a phone call on all iOS devices. Whenever I answer the doorbell call I get a grey screen. I can use the message button, mute, and hand up, but I never get a video display of who is there. I seen a community chat back In 2021 with these same issues. They updated the firmware and it resolved the issue. I have answered the call on the same wifi, a different wifi, and cellular with no luck. Is anyone else experiencing this on iOS devices? 

37 REPLIES 37
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I sent you a message. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RodgerB wrote:

How do I dm?

Click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you on a iOs or Android device?

RodgerB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Android 14

Pixel 8 Pro

Claymoss
Tutor
Tutor

Tons of people are dealing with the doorbell issues. We are paying for a subscription and not utilizing it to its fullest. Do y’all have any idea on how to fix this? I have dealt with this for months. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Claymoss I do not have an ETA at the moment, but I will be sure to provide an update as soon as I receive more information. 

BabyDoll1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.  I know you said you'd update, but anything yet?  Still a gray screen. I've tried all the posted steps and suggestions and also restart my router again for good luck... Still gray screen. 😫

Thank you

Claymoss
Tutor
Tutor

I have been told they would be putting out a firmware update to fix the issue… told me they would let me know what that is ready. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still seeing this same behavior?

RodgerB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. (It's ben this way for months.)

Detop
Aspirant
Aspirant

Experiencing the same issues. Worked fine before.

Tried all steps mentioned in earlier threads.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator
RodgerB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deleted the device from the Arlo app, reset the doorbell, and added the device back into the app. No change.

Discussion stats
  • 37 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation