Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 51 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Claymoss
Tutor
Tutor

I am on my 2nd Arlo wire free door bell. Whenever someone is at my door and presses the doorbell I get a phone call on all iOS devices. Whenever I answer the doorbell call I get a grey screen. I can use the message button, mute, and hand up, but I never get a video display of who is there. I seen a community chat back In 2021 with these same issues. They updated the firmware and it resolved the issue. I have answered the call on the same wifi, a different wifi, and cellular with no luck. Is anyone else experiencing this on iOS devices? 

51 REPLIES 51
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I sent you a message. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RodgerB wrote:

How do I dm?

Click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you on a iOs or Android device?

RodgerB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Android 14

Pixel 8 Pro

Claymoss
Tutor
Tutor

Tons of people are dealing with the doorbell issues. We are paying for a subscription and not utilizing it to its fullest. Do y’all have any idea on how to fix this? I have dealt with this for months. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Claymoss I do not have an ETA at the moment, but I will be sure to provide an update as soon as I receive more information. 

BabyDoll1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.  I know you said you'd update, but anything yet?  Still a gray screen. I've tried all the posted steps and suggestions and also restart my router again for good luck... Still gray screen. 😫

Thank you

Claymoss
Tutor
Tutor

I have been told they would be putting out a firmware update to fix the issue… told me they would let me know what that is ready. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still seeing this same behavior?

RodgerB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. (It's ben this way for months.)

Detop
Aspirant
Aspirant

Experiencing the same issues. Worked fine before.

Tried all steps mentioned in earlier threads.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator
RodgerB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deleted the device from the Arlo app, reset the doorbell, and added the device back into the app. No change.

Dublinsecure
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update? Very frustrating as it is not worth having at this stage

Claymoss
Tutor
Tutor

I have not been told anything. It frustrates me that there are more and more people having issues and Arlo does nothing about it. I have even went to a new wifi provider and type and I still have the same issues. It is a product issue and they don’t care to resolve it. 

BabyDoll1
Aspirant
Aspirant

After speaking with and performing tests with Arlo's IT, it came to fruition, that the Grey Screen I'm having, when the bell is rang, is "normal" until the ring is Accepted.  Really?!  You will not see the person ringing the video doorbell prior to accepting the ring or declining and then going to a Live view to see them.  Unbelievable.  With Arlo's cost and reputation, their technology is this antiquated...really disappointed, but I'm too invested to leave.  I do have a subscription so at least the accepted ring will be recorded. ugh.😒

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BabyDoll1 wrote:

After speaking with and performing tests with Arlo's IT, it came to fruition, that the Grey Screen I'm having, when the bell is rang, is "normal" until the ring is Accepted.  

When the doorbell is pressed, the phone is called from the Arlo cloud- and like all phone calls there is no media sent in either direction until the call is answered.

Is there a reason why you don't just answer the call?

Dublinsecure
Aspirant
Aspirant

Personally, I always answer the call and still get the grey screen. Sometimes it will work when I answer via my Alexa app, but not always. Seems to make doorbell pointless. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dublinsecure wrote:

Personally, I always answer the call and still get the grey screen. 

I think that's a different issue.

Have you done anything to fix it?  If so, what did you try?

Dublinsecure
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - I factory reset the system, including the doorbell. I renamed all devices when reinstalling. I deleted the app and reinstalled. 

Would be great to find it's a different and solvable issue!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dublinsecure wrote:

Hi - I factory reset the system, including the doorbell. I renamed all devices when reinstalling. I deleted the app and reinstalled. 

Does it matter how the phone is connected?  For instance, 

• when the phone is connected both the mobile data and home wifi?
  • when the phone is only connected to home wifi?

Have you tried reducing the resolution in the video settings

Dublinsecure
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for asking. It happens on both 5G and Wi-Fi. Good question on resolution... it was set to 1536x1536. I moved it to 720x720 and that did nothing. I also turned off Auto HDR to see if that did anything and it didn't. 

Arlo Image.jpg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dublinsecure 

Thank you for the feedback. I will notify the team and report back as soon as I have more info for you. 

Detop
Aspirant
Aspirant

My doorbell works as intended now. I can answer the doorbell without it freezing up.

I don't know if it's been updated, but I have changed my phone (RMA, same but new phone, Google pixel 8). We tried firmware update earlier with no succes, so I don't know if anything changed the last month as I was without a phone connected to the doorbell.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Detop Thanks for this update!

Discussion stats
  • 51 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation