Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wireless Doorbell Protective Film

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
V115
Tutor
Tutor
The top half appears to have a protective film. If it’s not a film it’s scratches very bad. I tried taking it off but it won’t come off just a scratches like a film would. If I’m not supposed to remove it, why don’t the instructions say so?
17 REPLIES 17
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

V115,

Any protective film should not be difficult to remove. Consider posting a screenshot of what you're seeing so we have a better understanding of what it is you're describing.

JamesC

V115
Tutor
Tutor
The top portion looks like it has a film. It scratches easily by light touch.
V115
Tutor
Tutor
See photo
RMSJAMES
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I cannot figure out how to post a photo on here.

RMSJAMES
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. How do I post a photo or where can I send it to you ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RMSJAMES wrote:

I am having the same issue. How do I post a photo 

There is a paper clip icon below the post area you can use to attach a file, and a camera icon above the post area that will embed the photo in the post.

Note if the image is jpeg, you will need to change the extension to jpg.

Giancarlofs
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is unfortunate that it is not clear in the instructions that the top is easy to get scratches. I just bought Arlo and with a light touch with my fingers it scratches.
Iestyn
Tutor
Tutor

Here is a screen shot of the top half of my Arlo doorbell.  Is this the protective screen or the temporary protective cover that won't come off:

Iestyn_1-1658343248124.jpeg

Thanks...

Iestynm

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Iestyn wrote:

Is this the protective screen or the temporary protective cover that won't come off:

It looks like film intended to be removed to me.

Iestyn
Tutor
Tutor

Okay.  I'll have someone with longer nails try and get this off.

Iestyn

Film
Apprentice
Apprentice

Curious if you made any progress with this.  As you can see from the picture (below), mine looks terrible and has thus far resisted any attempts made to remove it.

Film
Apprentice
Apprentice

20220804_224038.jpg

Iestyn
Tutor
Tutor

Yes.  I contacted Arlo and the cover is a protective film for the camera.  It can easily marked with sharp objects including finger nails and is not removeable.

Sucks but at least I know before I created more marks on this film.

Iestyn

Film
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply.  Glad I stopped trying.  Wow...what an awful design.  I'd say they should update their instructions and warn people, but mine was already pretty scratched up from kids, delivery people, etc. even before I tried to remove it so "being careful" with it would only be marginally helpful.

PCharron
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same protective film on the round doorbell piece?

20221203_164952.jpg

PCPR
Initiate
Initiate

What a stupid company. The scratching I did, and so many people have done could have been avoided so easily... I'm so upset.

Zeewulf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, no mention in any of the literature that the top half has a protective piece on it for the sensor.  So I tried taking it off thinking it was supposed to come off.  Camera looks terrible now....

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation