Wireless doorbell AVD 2001

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Timswift
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a 2nd wireless doorbell but cannot get it to connect to my wifi network. The first one installed right away with no issues and is working fine. I have followed all of the recommended steps, including factory reset. 4 hours plus on the Arlo chat line didn’t fix the issue - any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Timswift,

At what point during onboarding is it it failing? What LED behavior and error messages are you seeing?

JamesC

Timswift
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everything works fine from scanning the q code until the app looks for the new doorbell. The door bell flashes white as it is supposed to, but the ‘search’ process just goes on and on until eventually the app posts a message ‘cannot find doorbell’.

Have double checked network is 2.4MHz, VPN is off, network name and password are correct, signal strength is good The other doorbell installed easily, without any issues.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Timswift,

Start by making sure he battery is fully charged, then perform a factory reset on the device before attempting to onboard again.

Follow these instructions to factory reset: https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

JamesC

Timswift
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the responses and advice, but I have already done all of those things (several times), re-booted my wifi network, and spent some 4 hours online with the Arlo chat line, still no luck. I have returned one doorbell to Amazon already and received a replacement, but still no good. Think I will have to make good with just the one doorbell and send this one back too 😞

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation