Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell Wire-Free playback issues

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
A3plew
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a gigabit connection with a deco mesh wifi 6 system. I have 2 Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera . 1 Pro SmartHub VMB4540 and one new Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell . My spotlight cameras work exactly as intended. I have them indoors to detect motion and record. I have direct storage option and can access it away from home with no issue. I recently added a doorbell. IT was setup to the hub initially. I noticed that the recordings freeze after about 10 seconds. sometimes even Immediately. I immediately googled. I tried moving the base to different areas of the living room that is only at max 15 feet to the door.  It seemed to improve but then in the end same result. Then I set it up to the wifi directly and all the cloud recordings were perfect. I was gonna leave it like that until I learned the video calls when the door bell button was used lagged and stuttered. I put it back on the base and then it seemed like all cloud and local storage videos were fine. Now today it seems to keep happening at about 10 seconds. This is driving me crazy.

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does it occur again after some time when connected to the base or only your router?

A3plew
Aspirant
Aspirant

It occurs on the base. connecting straight to the router it seemed to be working normally for the motion activated clips. I noticed the clips when connected to the router were shorter in length. The problem was when connected to the router now the video calls lagged. I put it back on the base and reset and rearranged the base station. It seems to always happen at 10 seconds. I move the base station closer and it improved but it happens occasionally still either immediately when the video motion occurs or if it happens its either at 6 seconds or after it hits 10 seconds. When I repaired it the base station and the door bell were only inches apart and it still had the same freezing issues. What's strange is that when you scrub the video it seems to play normally. Even taking the flash drive out and playing on the computer the freezes occur but scrubbing even for a second forward tends to make the video unfreeze. maybe a encoding issue on Arlos end? now it happens less frenquently but it still happens. I was close to just returning it and switching brands. but I like my arlo essential cameras . no issues with those.   

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does the 10-second freeze occur on both cloud and Local storage recordings? What's the result when phone is connected via LTE?

A3plew
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it occurs on cloud and local storage. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does the same occur over mobile data? 

A3plew
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does this occur on android or iOS? 

A3plew
Aspirant
Aspirant

I gave up. I ended up just returning it to amazon. I chose a HomeKit secure video doorbell and now everything works and Im happy.  I love my arlo essential cameras though.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation