Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No audio on button press or after answer

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nicktoddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Am unable to get the audio to work from the phone to the doorbell after the alert is answered. The can hear the person at the door, albeit, after a few seconds, but they cant hear us.

We have unmuted the the microphone and checked the audio to make sure its enabled on the device.

It does however have the musical note in the main settings greyed out. Am I missing something?

Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 8.18.09 PM.png

Hardware: AVD2001Aer1.3

Firmware: 1.4.1.0_683_562d1ba_c341942

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

nicktoddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

The good news is we were able to fix the audio on our main account on the first iphone. I do need to confirm if it is possible for the friend's (wife's) account to also use the audio if she answers the door through her phone?

Troubleshooting consisted of restart of the doorbell and removing and adding the device from the first phone.

What does the the musical note indicate? it is still greyed out.

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Yes, you will need to set up and request access for a granted access account. You can find more info here: https://www.arlo.com/en_be/support/faq/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account

Also that music note icon is for the silent mode feature on the doorbells. If active the logo will turn a dark grey.

nicktoddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah... I already did that... we have video feeding to both accounts but only audio back and forth from my phone.

I guess I just need to confirm that it is possible for both accounts to have audio and video from the same doorbell.

Yes?

nicktoddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

We got it to work... seems you have set for audio to be available in the settings instead of unmuting after you answer the door.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update, glad you figured it out. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation