Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sokie44
Aspirant
Aspirant

My AVD2001  wire free stopped working about a day ago. I performed a factory reset to the device, a couple times. Everything seems to work fine during set up, but on an update page in the app it stalls and says "Update cannot occur at this time." I have tried the cycle all over again and it still doesn't yield results.

The device appears in the app but says "Offline." I have searched the forums and have found issues that are similar, but solutions dont seem to work.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app. Bring the doorbell closer to your router to see if that helps.

sokie44
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried that multiple times.

The frustrating thing seems to be the update stage of the "add device process." Everything seems to connect, there is even a video showing on the app of the camera allowing you to position it, but it wont update the firmware. I select "Try Again Later" and the devices shows up in the app but it then shows as "not connected."

I have also tried to change the network and it still doesn't work.

I feel like I am out of solutions. Any other ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you reset, did you follow the procedure found here?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

I've had a similar situation but don't recall the specific fix. Might have been a reset or a different doorbell. You may need to use Settings, Support to  talk to support about a possible RMA.

sokie44
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have done this multiple times, to no avail. I am not able to see a support number to call on the website.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sokie44 wrote:

I am not able to see a support number to call on the website.

There isn't one.  You need to access support via the app.  If you have a subscription for the doorbell (paid or trial), you should see a phone icon.  It will be grayed out when the support center it closed.  (It's open 6 am to 6 pm US pacific time).

If you can't onboard the doorbell at all, then post back - the mods can escalate that for you.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation